Nardo with Black grill and Alu roof rails?

DavidM

Reaction score
Changing my order to Nardo but has anyone got any pics of Nardo with black grill, titanium wheels and aluminium roof rails?

David

Even Audi aren't mad enough to spec that surely!
Alu roof rails as the only silver on the car!?

Bizarre selection if you ask me. Gloss black kit, Gloss black rims and Black rails all the way!

I'm undecided. Im possibly thinking Nardo with Black gloss kit and black roof rails with titanium wheels.

I'm going mad at the moment! Cannot decide on Nardo exterior options.

I Actually like this althought not to everyones taste.

Attachments

• IMG_0618.JPG
    IMG_0618.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 1,491
I'm undecided. Im possibly thinking Nardo with Black gloss kit and black roof rails with titanium wheels.

This will look good. You'll get away with titanium or black wheels. Just don't mix alu+black trim.

What do you reckon to keeping the silver mirrors? It's kind of an RS look I think.

What do you reckon to keeping the silver mirrors? It's kind of an RS look I think.

I am also struggling with this on my black on black with a base of black spec! As you say, it's an RS thing, but then on my car will be the only bit of alu.
Right now I'm keeping alu, and will either wrap them in carbon or (depending on cost) get carbon replacement mirror caps. This way at least I have the option to go back to alu if I (or a future owner) wants to.

I agree mate. I'm keeping the mirrors. I just need to decide between black / alu for grill/rails.

Dave.

Tricky one Jose: black everything with black or alu mirrors? I'd go for whatever looks best (black IMHO) rather than try to preserve the RS-ness. Anyone who knows that an RS should have alu mirrors will also know it's a proper RS, tastefully specified. I reckon someone who isn't a proper RS geek won't be looking at the car thinking 'is that an RS, I wonder if it's got alu mirrors?', they'll look at more obvious signs like badges, noise, front splitter thing, or the grin on the driver's face!

Definitely go with Alu kit and Alu rails Dave, will match the mirrors perfectly and will be one less Nardo with Gloss Black to match mine ;-)

Reactions: Caval4r
Tricky one Jose: black everything with black or alu mirrors? I'd go for whatever looks best (black IMHO) rather than try to preserve the RS-ness. Anyone who knows that an RS should have alu mirrors will also know it's a proper RS, tastefully specified. I reckon someone who isn't a proper RS geek won't be looking at the car thinking 'is that an RS, I wonder if it's got alu mirrors?', they'll look at more obvious signs like badges, noise, front splitter thing, or the grin on the driver's face!

Yea, I know what you mean. I know from spotting oncoming vehicles the alu mirrors are an easy cue though - and I like to flash/wave at fellow rare model owners :) (though ironically in my SQ5 I never got to do it in 14 months, and am still waiting for an opportunity in the S1 as well!)

Ok so I'm thinking about Nardo with black optics, tined windows, titantium wheels, red calipers. I just can't decide whether I need black roof rails on an RS or to set the look off. Thoughts?

Not worth it unless you want to put a pod or canoe or buffalo on the roof.

or an elephant on the roof. Dammit, I wish I had a picture of two elephants humping. (Elephant on Nardo)

excellent, but which one is which?

Reactions: billyali86
Pano roof on a Nardo, with gloss black wheels, red callipers and black mirror caps..No rails?? Thats what I'm thinking of. Thoughts?

Reactions: Caval4r
I'm not sure the red calipers add anything and I've gone for the titanium wheels. Black ones a little too strong for me.

Yea, I know what you mean. I know from spotting oncoming vehicles the alu mirrors are an easy cue though - and I like to flash/wave at fellow rare model owners :) (though ironically in my SQ5 I never got to do it in 14 months, and am still waiting for an opportunity in the S1 as well!)

I think it needs the alu mirrors. You've gone for a none RS exclusive colour and it will certainly be stealth even to knowledgeable S and RS drivers.

I have only seen pictures so far but have to confess that Nardo is growing on me and is my current lead choice colour along with white.

Nardo needs black pack & black mirrors.
Don't like Nardo as much with alum pack.
White looks good with or without pack.

Being a solid colour it should be easier to look after and clean too.

I don't think you can spec the black pack with silver roof bars on the configurator