• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

joost

Reaction score
As per the title and this thread (cheers Lottie!), who'd be interested in a National ASN meet - bit like an AGM? :think:

Obviously if not many are interested, there's no point. If there are enough that will be up for it then the where/what/when will come after. :eyebrows:

I'm thinking it's gonna end up being a days drive north for me so i put maybe.

Sounds like a plan all depending on where abouts it is!!

Would def be interested but again depends where.

Where would be the best to meet then - gotta think of those people travelling down from the North though too...

Make it an easy place to get to...mmmm maybe the Ricoh Arena just off the M6

OK, how's this...

Meet at the Ricoh Arena, travel to an activity centre for a bit of fun, then back to the hotel to clean up and a few drinkies (for those that aren't AA members - and I don't mean the motoring organisation!)?

Bear in mind this is purely a suggestion! This is a route for the whole trip:

Whaddya reckon then??

That's my point Jim. It'll appeal to those within say 100 miles but I feel for those in Aberdeen - about 400miles!!! It's about 170 all in for me.

****** - I'd forgotten about this! I've updated the links above and put the map into the post.

29 people have said they'd be interested (or maybe). Only problem is, are the same people still interested? Is 29 people enough or should we open it up to other VAG based fora?

I propose here

spearmintlogo.jpg

id be interested if its arround midlands etc. wen is everyone thinkin of doing it??

put me down but give me notice as to date so i can book whole week off lol distance not too much of problem so long as its not 200+ cant be doing with filling tank up twice in one day :)

Glasgow's nice this time of year.....

I'd be up for it!

A few years ago there was a similar meet around xmas, bit of a asn xmas doo!

Around xmas time would be good for me, early dec!

Audimad said:
Yes, very interested but are you going to do something or just talk!:think:

TBH, this was just to find out how much interest there was, I didn't envisage that I'd be the one organising it (although I should have realised that had I really thought about it :tocktock: ).

Since I've never really organised owt like this before, a decent number of people have shown an interest and that if this is going ahead then we'll need to sort a date and tie it down to a location that suits all. I've a distinct feeling that the Spearmint Rhino option's the most popular! At least for the majority of the male contingent... If it's gonna be Spearmint Rhino and midlands, there's one in Edgbaston. Apparently. As for when, I'm out for December - it'd have to be in the new year for me.

Central sounds like the best and most fair location for everyone as the people living furthest away on both sides of the country (Scotland or London for example) will have more or less the same distance to travel.

People living closer score not having to travel as far but you can't please everyone i'm afraid, to me if it was a overnight stay and a p*ss up then its worthwhile traveling 150miles.

Central for Scotland and England must be somewhere around Leeds/Manchester way? Depends on numbers and locations of people wanting to meet before we can set a venue.

I was also thinking the Leeds or Manchester areas, also we need to be mindful of a decent night out for those that have hotel accomodation.....

Im new here but im well up for this i live in the cheltenham area but would deff be willing to travel used to live in stratford so cov sounds like a top idea

Id go Birmingham its really not that fair away hour more just up the M40 for me.
Over night sounds good as birminghams a good night out. Travelodge is cheep or you car sleep in the car or pitch a tent up on a roundbout