Nav traffic through phone

W

Wifeb4Life

Hi, Checked on Audi's site and my LG G4 phone is fully compatible with the Audi system. When I first got the car and was setting things up (connecting phone etc) and I went to the nav it asked me do I want to use my phone to control the traffic updates, I accidently clicked no but the next time I used the nav it showed traffic information anyway so I thought great.

However it's never show traffic information since that first time, I get the message everytime I start the system saying Traffic is offline and I can't find that option again or anyway for it to use my phone for traffic. Does anyone have any idea how to set these back on?

A7 2013 model which has maps updated to 2015 versions.

Cheers

Do you have a SIM card slot in your MMI? (Behind the flap where the SD cards sit)? If yes, is it a valid Data SIM?

What you probably said no to was bonding your LG data to the MMI system, so if you have no SIM, or an invalid SIM, the MMI would look to your phone to receive data, except you said no when initially setting up the bluetooth connection.

What I would suggest as a starting point, is to delete your phone from the MMI, then go through the pairing exercise again, but this time say YES to using your phones data for MMI services - Assuming you have a data plan on your phone. The actual amount of data used is not huge, so monthly Id say its normally less than 1GB (at least on mine) :racer:

Don't know for sure how it's on MMI but many devices has an option to "forget the device". Don't choose it!
It can forget your phone from discovering list although it will be set as visible.

How does your handbook says to do?

If you can reset the MMI, as RAF_S7 says, it would be ideal step.