Navarra blue, I'm not impressed

So my S3 saloon order was screwed up by Audi Germany who made a mistake and told Audi UK the wrong price. The new price puts it just above my limit so S3 Sport back ordered. As for colour.....that blue looks nice when the sun shines on it and it's clean....so for me that's about 3 days a year so Daytona Grey for me.

c97b3f0ab202556f8a43616a8d5dcb0b.jpg

Reactions: Mark_86, SpeedyFrog, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Here's a better image of what it will look like...... :hi:
2017 audi s3 sportback 07 0407 1417x796

Reactions: rasA4, G--Man, SpeedyFrog and 1 other person
Hmm,
Not so sure bout the diffuser?
Funny as that's the bit I love love love......

Mind you if we all liked the same thing the world would be a lot less interesting.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Reactions: SpeedyFrog
Are the 'fins' on the diffuser more obvious/big on the FL? Or just looks that way due to the pro photos?

Hi all. Is there people who have delayed or cancelled there purchase of the a3 sportback due to the UK leaving the eu (assuming your from the UK) i am reconsider it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mind you if we all liked the same thing the world would be a lot less interesting.

Me too! Think I'll contemplate this rear end for a little while when I get the car lol

Here's a better image of what it will look like...... :hi:View attachment 95769

Wish l could take photos like that...lol...in all seriousness dark grey metallic paints..ie Daytona show up all the shadow design lines of the car as does Floret,but for the real washboard 6 pack paint definition look Daytona is the king at showing them off at there best...Sepang for the Cowabunga factor

Reactions: pburv and BelfastCol
And what would be the logic?
A new recession may happen in the UK and you could lose your job.

Already the house prices have gone down a bit due to some people putting a hold on buying a house

Already the house prices have gone down a bit due to some people putting a hold on buying a house

Ah that... Ok well if I lose my job the car would the least of my problems! lol
But yes it could be rocky but I have faith man :)

Reactions: Jassyo06
Hi all. Is there people who have delayed or cancelled there purchase of the a3 sportback due to the UK leaving the eu (assuming your from the UK) i am reconsider it

Why? The €/£ exchange rate may result in a price increase in the short to medium term if anything. So, probably a good time to buy unless you personally are in a profession that may be adversely affected and you don't want to tie yourself into a finance agreement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06
Are the 'fins' on the diffuser more obvious/big on the FL? Or just looks that way due to the pro photos?

The FL diffuser fins are bigger and more pronounced than the pre FL for sure.

Reactions: Ignition1, azibux1 and Jassyo06

Hurry grab the Prosaic....next recession is upon us....lol...get a grip mate....that mentality causes such things...bit harsh l know, l have lived through 3 of them....the early 1980's being the worst....go buy yer car...***

Reactions: deanshaw24, pburv, glamic26 and 2 others

Agreed, the FL S3 diffuser looks way better than the pre FL S3.

The FL A3 diffuser however, looks a bit too artificial (how it is separated into 3 compartments is so unnatural) compared to the pre FL ones.

Wish l could take photos like that...lol...in all seriousness dark grey metallic paints..ie Daytona show up all the shadow design lines of the car as does Floret,but for the real washboard 6 pack paint definition look Daytona is the king at showing them off at there best...Sepang for the Cowabunga factor
I fancy myself as a bit of a snapper but the flip side is I'm a lazy git when it comes to cleaning my cars (not going to pretend I know what the word 'detailing' means)

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and Jassyo06
I fancy myself as a bit of a snapper but the flip side is I'm a lazy git when it comes to cleaning my cars (not going to pretend I know what the word 'detailing' means)

Dayz of Thunder Grey is pretty forgiving mate...as far as looking demented, wise choice

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv and SpeedyFrog
Low interest rates means lower monthlies ... And an even bigger recession looms in EU if they don't play ball and get fair trade agreements with us. We buy more French and German cars here. How often have you seen a new car in France Italy and Spain? It will be fine. Go ahead and buy. 10% discounts around - may get bigger if the market slows. In other words Carpe Diem!

Reactions: Max-Robbo
As @Mike Branagan-Harris said. You can get 14% now (I have). The UK will not go into recession. Once the political musical chairs stop it'll be back to business as usual. The £ will go up again. If anything the political landscape has been cleaned up a bit. The only problem is the tiny fringe who thinks they now have a legitimacy for bullying foreigners... Hopefully it will be dealt with accordingly.

Reactions: TDI-line, rasA4, batch and 3 others
As @Mike Branagan-Harris said. You can get 14% now (I have). The UK will not go into recession. Once the political musical chairs stop it'll be back to business as usual. The £ will go up again. If anything the political landscape has been cleaned up a bit. The only problem is the tiny fringe who thinks they now have a legitimacy for bullying foreigners... Hopefully it will be dealt with accordingly.
A job for the ASN moderators maybe?....:whistle2:

Reactions: Ignition1 and SpeedyFrog
I really like the FL rear on an S3 or RS3.

But on an A3, I'm not too keen with just one or two pipes on the left only. With the diffuser standing out even more, it looks like the right side is too empty on an A3 - like an overlooked bit of the design.

Audi could've gone the A-Class route and put a pipe on both sides regardless of engine or trim, but that might take away from the S3 or RS3.

Reactions: batch, pburv and Jassyo06
Agree about rear diffuser. Personally really do not like new s-line design at all. On Audi configurator, sport looks better but a bit plain. S3 looks right. Where were the designers heads when they tried to improve the design for PI? Approval to sign off upgrade had to given from the top man.
Same as A4 upgrade, car does not look like a step forward externally, it looks so conservative / plain in the flesh imo.

So I've got my order number and logged onto the audi website with it and it gave me my first glimpse of the navarra blue I've ordered for my S3. i don't know if its just because its cgi but I've got to say I'm not impressed by it and i think i will be changing the order.
I've got a carbon steel grey gti at the moment and think I'm going to go grey again with the s3. any one else doing the same?
I waited with much anticipation for the order books for the S3 facelift model to be opened in May 16. I was very disappointed in the 11 colours on offer especially after reading on an Audi News article 'Still Ahead of the Curve' dated 6 April 16 that Ara Blue was to be one of the new colours - with 12 colours available. Following advice from the salesman I placed my order for my S3 in Navarra Blue on the understanding that I could hopefully change the colour before the car was ready. Unfortunately Ara Blue was not available prior to the car being produced so a Navarra Blue car was delivered. Luckily for me the salesman had said that if I didn't like the colour I wasn't obliged to take it. To say I was disappointed in Navarra Blue was an understatement - very dark and similar to Estoril Blue. To cut a long story short I kept asking when either Ara Blue or access to Audi Exclusive colours would happen and I got an email yesterday to say that Audi were going to build my S3 in Ara Blue. I now have an order number and am currently waiting for a build week.

Reactions: rasA4, pburv and Rob2k68
I waited with much anticipation for the order books for the S3 facelift model to be opened in May 16. I was very disappointed in the 11 colours on offer especially after reading on an Audi News article 'Still Ahead of the Curve' dated 6 April 16 that Ara Blue was to be one of the new colours - with 12 colours available. Following advice from the salesman I placed my order for my S3 in Navarra Blue on the understanding that I could hopefully change the colour before the car was ready. Unfortunately Ara Blue was not available prior to the car being produced so a Navarra Blue car was delivered. Luckily for me the salesman had said that if I didn't like the colour I wasn't obliged to take it. To say I was disappointed in Navarra Blue was an understatement - very dark and similar to Estoril Blue. To cut a long story short I kept asking when either Ara Blue or access to Audi Exclusive colours would happen and I got an email yesterday to say that Audi were going to build my S3 in Ara Blue. I now have an order number and am currently waiting for a build week.

Seemingly they are going to build them in this colour, but do you know you'll like it,l would never buy a colour of car l hadnt in seen in the metal,ye jump on the gun too quick....**** happens

Reactions: pburv
Made up for you buddy...I had a similar problem as only wanted mine in sepang...so mine is being done in sepang for me

Are you in Ireland by any chance?

Also seen Navarra at my local dealer in sun and rain. Too dark for me personally. Could not understand why so many cars at launch were in Ara then not offered, as love the colour and was really disappointed when uk colour range announced.
Audi appear to be having a few product planning issues at the moment. Took me 2 weeks to confirm that manual seat base tilt was fitted as standard, as not shown in brochure or in price list seat detail. Alternative was to consider £900 electric seat option and delete an option or two of must haves.

I was unsure about Navarra blue but my new car arrived this week and oh boy, it's beautiful. It looks deep and dark in low light and has lovely purple highlights in the sunshine. It contrasts well with the silver trim on the Audi. The new diffuser and quad exhausts look super sweet. The new 310 hp engine feels a lot faster than my old Golf R.

Reactions: MikeSel^, DrMal, BelfastCol and 12 others
I was unsure about Navarra blue but my new car arrived this week and oh boy, it's beautiful. It looks deep and dark in low light and has lovely purple highlights in the sunshine. It contrasts well with the silver trim on the Audi. The new diffuser and quad exhausts look super sweet. The new 310 hp engine feels a lot faster than my old Golf R.

View attachment 102821 View attachment 102820
LOVE this!

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Gordo77 and pburv

A lot faster...really?! Only has an extra 10 bhp. Take it both were DSG?

Looks a cracking colour. I'd consider an s3 from the golf r only if there was a black pack. Unsure about the chrome

A lot faster...really?! Only has an extra 10 bhp. Take it both were DSG?

Looks a cracking colour. I'd consider an s3 from the golf r only if there was a black pack. Unsure about the chrome

No my golf was manual. It's around 1 second faster 0-60. 4.5 0-60 in the new S3 feels rapid.

What gets me is why Audi put a Faux chrome surround on the front grill and Faux matt alu....on the rear diffuser.... that would do my box in

Navarra is a lovely dark blue metallic for sure....l like the burple ting running through the paint in dull light....

Reactions: TDI-line, Audi Bairn, pburv and 2 others
Navarra is a lovely dark blue metallic for sure...

I was just thinking the same... A stunning shimmering iridescent colour, that has a wet looking liquid appearance, like a bowl of highly polished blueberries. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Audi Bairn, pburv, SpeedyFrog and 1 other person
I was just thinking the same... A stunning shimmering iridescent colour, that has a wet looking liquid look, like a bowl of highly polished blueberries. :p
Do you work in marketing dude? Great description!!!

BSP will be along soon. They waited a while with the PFL before releasing it.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv, SpeedyFrog and Gordo77
I was just thinking the same... A stunning shimmering iridescent colour, that has a wet looking liquid appearance, like a bowl of highly polished blueberries. :p

erm....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pburv, SpeedyFrog and TDI-line

Looks great, how do you think it will look in the black edition?

Looks great, how do you think it will look in the black edition?

The black edition wont have the same impact in this colour as it does with chrome simple's.....

Reactions: pburv and Audi Bairn