Navigation Forgets Favourites

Nerdy Norm

Reaction score
I've had my car for a couple of months now, and I've noticed the following strange behaviour with the navigation system (large screen version):

The system somehow forgets/deletes favourite destinations I've added to the memory, including the home address. It's happened twice now, and I'm loathe to go through entering everything a third time.

Anyone else had this issue?

I don't use favourites but I've had it before where it lost the home address but I think it came back next time I got in the car. Only happened once tho

It seems favorites are stored on your phone (in mine it's like that) and appear when you connect it via bluetooth

Seems strange. I enter the favourites using the MMI interface, they stay there for days/weeks, then disappear. Is there a way to disable the phone-based thing?

Thanks - I did search before originally posting, but nothing came up.

Those threads seem pretty conclusive - it must be related to needing to have a phone connected, which seems completely bizarre. Oh well, looks like I'll just have to put up with it.

I think you can save favorites without a phone?

But then if a phone pairs, it will all disappear.

The problem is that I use several phones (long story...), sometimes one of them is paired, sometimes not. It sounds like the only solution is unpair my phones, add the favourites then never pair them again.

It seems crazy that I need to choose between hands-free calling and having a fully-functioning navigation system though.

I had this problem today when trying to navigate home, the MMI somehow had deleted/lost my home address and I have to programmed it in again, if I remember correctly the third time.
'But' I had recently changed phones (pairing up with bluetooth) so not sure if that is the cause of the problem?

Oh bummer, just read the other threads posted! :(

It's not just a problem for people who use multiple phones... what if your battery dies!?

Then you'd plug your phone into the AMI via the AMI lead, or into the cigarette lighter / 12V socket to charge it up ;)

Reactions: cemerson
It is indeed associated with the phone with which the MMI is paired by Bluetooth. We routinely have 3 phones in the car and there is apparently one set of favorites associated with each phone. For the desired favorites to appear in the MMI, you MUST pair with the phone associated with the favorites you wish to access.