Nearly 40 mpg in S3

musicegbdf

Reaction score
Ok on a trip of 30 miles , with full tank of gas in dynamic mode ! Drive not sport.
I was transporting a small freezer with a lot of other stuff so driving carefully . Only 70 on duel carriageway and lift and coast to junctions and gentle on curves . I was still ahead of most others on the road but amazed the computer showing 39.5 when I got home . Will have to go for a quick thrash tomorrow so she does not sulk. That is what I love about my s3 . A good long distance cruiser , a practical family car , and can still have fun . :)

Reactions: Baldyone, AudiNutta, samo26 and 4 others
Ok on a trip of 30 miles , with full tank of gas in dynamic mode ! Drive not sport.
I was transporting a small freezer with a lot of other stuff so driving carefully . Only 70 on duel carriageway and lift and coast to junctions and gentle on curves . I was still ahead of most others on the road but amazed the computer showing 39.5 when I got home . Will have to go for a quick thrash tomorrow so she does not sulk. That is what I love about my s3 . A good long distance cruiser , a practical family car , and can still have fun . :)
Clearly there is something wrong with your car....Get it to the dealers quickly...lol

Reactions: richinsoton, Mark_86, Pook and 6 others
I get more than 40mpg every trip when using the car for work, best so far is 44mpg over 180miles.

Reactions: samo26 and pburv
I get more than 40mpg every trip when using the car for work, best so far is 44mpg over 180miles

Is this your job fella :grinning:

IMG 0145

Reactions: pburv
It's not that difficult if you resist the temptation to drive it the way its maker intended.

I have managed 400 miles from a tank once, but my god it was boring.

Never again lol:disrelieved:

Reactions: Pook, Lhasa2008, Jassyo06 and 3 others
Perhaps tomorrow I will see how low I can get it ;-)

Reactions: davc, Pook, Jassyo06 and 3 others
Track days are good for that, had the R32 empty in 177 miles :sunglasses:

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and Audi Bairn
Slightly off topic, but still VAG. I had a V6 Sharran once, and a colleage had a V6 Golf. Despite the same engine, no matter how hard I tried I could not average over 25MPG. No matter how hard he tried, he could not get under 25MPG (on the roads) :)

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and pburv
Slightly off topic, but still VAG. I had a V6 Sharran once, and a colleage had a V6 Golf. Despite the same engine, no matter how hard I tried I could not average over 25MPG. No matter how hard he tried, he could not get under 25MPG (on the roads) :)
Aerodynamics mate?
miscellaneous-witch-hag-broom-aerodynamics-speed-ggu0029_low.jpg

Reactions: richinsoton, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06