Nearly new S3 - el'cheapo!

• Thread starter Deleted member 22276
  • Start date
N8KOW said:
lol - oh well, if you wanted to make money, investing it in a car, isn't the best idea in the world :sorry:

Very true, I think my next car will be 2nd hand (unless I win the lotto!), thinking about a Noble M12/M400 in a year or two :)

Maybe cheap as it is in the Isle of Man, hassle to view, collect Etc and then re- register. Good buy if you could be bothered, yours will still fetch decent money don't worry.

Mark

must admit cars aren't moneymaking investments but that is cheap which makes me sus

That price looks about right, ok hassle of re reg for uk (have a look at some uk dealers demos for £25000)

Joys of depreciation mine was £29500 new in a years time im expecting it to be just over £20,000 to sell privately

Joys of buying new cars,lose 10% value of car as soon as you drive it out of the showroom
To make it attractive to private cash buyer (no part/ex) have to price it cheaper than same car at dealers (£2000/£3000)
If selling to dealer good spec means nothing (buying from dealer different story)
Good spec to private buyer will make it more attractive to them but not to increase sale value by much
So spec only the essentials which is what I have tried to do
I did consider ex demo but when I ordered mine most demos were more than I could get a new one for (plus I got a 57 reg and not 56/07 so might be worth a bit more at sale time plus I dont do many miles)

He hasn;t got a whole load of extra's has he though to make it more attracitive. Plus location plays a part in the value of a car. As other have said a bit of a ball ache selling it on the isle of man, the immediate audiance is a little limited!!!!

marriedblonde said:
He hasn;t got a whole load of extra's has he though to make it more attracitive. Plus location plays a part in the value of a car. As other have said a bit of a ball ache selling it on the isle of man, the immediate audiance is a little limited!!!!

Case of doing your homework,work out cost to view,return car,tax/reg issues (if any)
Could be quite a fun trip (I flew to Newcastle for my last A3 saved at least £1500 by doing so,compared to the same car in the south)

Isle of man is a tax haven , would he have paid full tax when buying new?

Not sure how it works.

p

I traded my car in this month, I paid 29k when i bought it, and got 22k trade in, it ha 16.5k miles on it now. Book price says 21k. I guess that means i could have sold it privately for 24k ish, after VAT I dont think thats too bad.