Nearly out of warranty...what now ?

PaulBelsham

Reaction score
Hi People
My S3's warranty expires in January so im wondering if Audi will contact me with a quote to extend it, or is that up to me to chase them for it ?

thanks
Paul

Are the parts they use themselves under warranty ?
Just wondering if something goes wrong again that I had done under warranty will Audi replace it ?

I'll get on to cust care today, he did replace all the coil packs and said that there is an extended warranty on them

I had a quote from my main dealer for £470, funny how the prices vary isn't it.
Its good value for money though because you get the breakdown cover thrown in as well, where if you were to go to the AA for example you'd be paying £80 per month for membership, over the year thats double what the years warranty cost.

Paul

I had a conversation with Audi last week about this as mine ruuns out in another week, i was qouted £472 for the fourth year but this was with Audi direct. The dealer quoted me over £600.

The details are all on this web link

Audi Administration

Might save yourself a few quid..

Pal

80 a month for AA membership? Surely that's an annual fee?

[ QUOTE ]
Pal_S3_Turbo said:

Paul

I had a conversation with Audi last week about this as mine ruuns out in another week, i was qouted £472 for the fourth year but this was with Audi direct. The dealer quoted me over £600.

The details are all on this web link

Audi Administration

Might save yourself a few quid..

Pal

[/ QUOTE ]
When I called my local dealer they quoted me the same amount, and when I asked how it worked i.e if I was restricted to having work done only at that dealership, I was told that any dealer can do warranty work on the car, because the dealers charge the cost back to Audi Warranties which is a separate company (or subsidiary of the Audi group I assume). Basically I just wanted to know if anything will change compared to the current warranty service I receive, and the answer was NO.

bk1
I've never been an AA member, but was speaking to an AA technican not so long ago, and he told me about the pricing structures they have, i think £80 was the cheapest basic breakdown package you could get