Nearly time for a service

• Thread starter Deleted member 11654
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 11654

But where to go and what needs doing ?
Mine's a bit off kilter, history wise. It has full ASH apart from the last oil change and brake fluid change done 6 mths and 8000 miles ago. At that time I switched the car from long life to standard service intervals. So next one soon due at 57k.
Normally that would be a major service including new plugs, oil and filter, air filter (possibly), but what else.
Thing is that the plugs were changed at 30k (so technically do not need replacing until 87k) and the air filter replaced two months ago (part of stage 2 remap). The engine is healthy.
What should I ask to be done ? Presumably negotiate a major service with a reduction for plugs and filter, or is another oil change enough ? Logically, if the latter is the way to go then I'd not need a major service until 87k . . .
Audi, independent ? No problem about letting Audi know of the remap but I don't want them overwriting the ecu.

I think that you should find that the official Audi service network operate menu servicing to keep it simple for customer and service department, so if you wanted to save money by not getting things replaced again, it could cost you more. I understand why you are in this situation, but I'd just service the car myself as any stamps you get for any partial services would/could not be valid, though the service handbook does have the scope to declare what has been included/or not. What is out of kilter will always be out of kilter if you miss them out right now. An independent would find it easier,maybe, to just charge you less for parts not used, but the car would remain out of kilter wrt the Audi service plan.

Well, by 87k I'd be back to 'normal' but it would seem bonkers to replace performance air filter with a std one and plugs when not needed. That's £150 wasted . . . .
Think I'll just ask a couple of indies and move away from Audi. The car is now nearly 5 years old.

I'd go indy. Always done this post warranty and never got any less trade in value on my cars.