Need A Bit Of Help

Mat1987

Reaction score
Hi there

Could someone confirm what this part is in the photo on my old man's S4 as it has started to make a hissing sound and leaking. I know it's to do with the radiator but wasn't sure what exactly

Cheers

20140819 120341

ahhh right, can it just be taken off to inspect to see why it is hissing? it is just constantly hissing at the moment

TBH you should take it to a garage & get it tested with dye in the system & see where its leaking from, is it the metal grated unit in front of the rad or the sensor on the end of the loom you're referring to?

sorry should have pointed it out a bit more, it is the sensor with the loom coming from it, just under the torx bolt is where the hissing is coming from as when you put your finger near it it about stops, its like a seal has come away if you understand my meaning

Maybe needs tightening or replacing, could be a G65 sensor which do go faulty.

yeah did wonder about the tightening but that doesn't seem to have done anything so will have to get it booked in at Audi then

thanks for you help nigel

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I may have the same issue.

I left the car running as I was unloading some materials at the new house. It ended up being 15 - 20 mins.

When I got back to the car I could hear a hissing noise and a slight breeze coming from the front of the car.

Opened the bonnet and took the front panel off and the hissing noise was coming from the sensor as above. When I pushed the plug with the wires down the hissing stopped.

This has never happened before and I have the car about 6 months. It's an 09 2.0 tdi se..

Can anyone shed any light on what the issue might be?

Well I checked the air con pipes this morning and it had dumped the gas out of it. There was only a little pressure left in it.

Im going to try and get the plug off tonight and see what happened.

Can anyone tell me what the part is? is it a pressure sensor for the air con or something like that?