Need an S Line grille?

boffin486

Reaction score
Hey folks - I have a problem - I need an S Line grille to stick in my car so I can rebuild my RS(ish) grille that I made last year. Basically, the plastic mesh that I grafted in has all fallen out!
I think the plastic compound the mesh I used is made from just won't bond properly with the glues I have tried (including some expensive two pack designed for sticking bumpers back together in body shops!)

Grille Maladies

So folks, I have trolled about fleabay & other places on the old interweb thingy but can't find one AT A DECENT PRICE! The last one I bought was around £40 delivered but now everyone seems to want well over a ton for the same thing!
Anyone got a spare one they can part with for reasonable dosh? Doesnt matter if its scruffy as I'm going to paint it matt black before fitting it.
Anyone?
Please?

I saw two on gumtree on Friday evening , both were up for less than £30 each, maybe worth a look chap.

I have the same issue with mine, tried pipe weld, epoxy, cyanoacrylate, hot melt and some sort of polyurethane tigerseal copy but none really bond the abs of the audi grill frame to the more flexible mesh. if you find a glue that works well let me know.
My next option is abs/pla plastic printing pen to fill/weld it

Can't help with a grille as yet, but I'm on with making my own RS4ish grille too. I have used tiny cable ties to hold the plastic mesh in - idea is I'll use Plexus (used on trains, planes and automobiles and stickier than a sticky thing on a hot sticky day), where the ties are and once it's dried, file and sand back (gonna be a pig of a job!) and that should remove the bump of the cabe ties. Then paint gloss black.

Reactions: AvantMike
Ta for the replies folks - I haven't tried tiger seal, also may try the small tiewraps through the mesh too. But still need another grille to stick on meantime....... Had a look on gumtree but not much success (in my area). :grumpy:
Hey Rob, If you can get one for £30 near you - maybe you could get it & send it to me? :rugby:

Not the best of pics, but if you zoom in, you can just make out the cable ties where the hexagonals touch the grill top and bottom.

Attachments

• IMG_20190505_165244_resized_20190507_111620147.jpg
    IMG_20190505_165244_resized_20190507_111620147.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 135
I've used Araldite to fix mesh to my foglight/intake holes. So far it#'s holding 8-9 months in.