Need H7 Kit

deantyson598

Reaction score
My son has Audi A3, and he is facing a problem with the headlights. Currently, the car has original halogen headlight bulbs installed but the light is getting dimmer. I've been telling him that we can make a switch to the bright white color side like hid bulbs and get rid of this yellowish light. But, I have a confusion. As per my knowledge, the most common available color temperatures are 5000K, 6000K, 8000K. But which one is the best for long-term use. I also came across this h7 hid kit https://xenons4u.co.uk/h7-35w-canbus-xenon-hid-conversion-kit.html. Need suggestions would it be a good choice to make?

I think you have put this in the wrong A3 generation? As far as I know, A3 8Y no halgon headlight trims exist. They are either reflector LEDs, Projector LEDs, or Matrix LEDs. However to your question, I would suggest Philips X-treme Vision plus 130, Osram Nightbreaker series, or some of Ring and similar branded bulbs. These would shine whiter, brighter, but not for longer though. Stock bulb are usually in the 3200-3500k colour temp. As far as I know, halogen can only legally go up to around 4000k in UK and EU. Some do go up to 5000k, but for off-road only. Xenon kits are likely to fail the MOT, as unless you have auto headlight leveling, and headlight powerwash alreayd on your car, it's a no go, and it will dazzle other drivers.