Need help after reset gearbox adaptations

Thetableking

Reaction score
I used obd11 to reset all adaptations on the transmission in order to recalibrate. When turning the car on, it gives an immediate gearbox malfunction error and says to put it in Park mode. The car won't go into gear at all so it won't move.

The fault it gives through obd11 is 'shift fork calibration not learned', code P287B00. I tried to run all the calibrations I could on the basic settings on obd11, unfortunately the clutch engagement point calibration always says 'exited due to reasons of safety' so I can't do that one.

At this stage, what should be my next move? Can this be recalibrated through Odis or do I need to take it to an Audi dealer to be properly recalibrated? I'm just worried that audi will say the whole gearbox needs replacing to try and rip me off.

Thanks in advance for the help!

I used obd11 to reset all adaptations on the transmission in order to recalibrate. When turning the car on, it gives an immediate gearbox malfunction error and says to put it in Park mode. The car won't go into gear at all so it won't move.

The fault it gives through obd11 is 'shift fork calibration not learned', code P287B00. I tried to run all the calibrations I could on the basic settings on obd11, unfortunately the clutch engagement point calibration always says 'exited due to reasons of safety' so I can't do that one.

At this stage, what should be my next move? Can this be recalibrated through Odis or do I need to take it to an Audi dealer to be properly recalibrated? I'm just worried that audi will say the whole gearbox needs replacing to try and rip me off.

Thanks in advance for the help!
I should add that under the live data for 'transmission calibration, reason for abort', it says 'no gear selector calibration'.

Ideally try with vcds to check for a basic setting for the shifter calibration, that'll be the issue by your reports anyway.

Ideally try with vcds to check for a basic setting for the shifter calibration, that'll be the issue by your reports anyway.
Do you think vcds will be able to do it? I've asked around locally and the nearest garage with an odis is an hour and a half away. Vcds I can get a lot closer. I don't want to pay to get it towed and pay for the vcds only for it to not work... Might as well pay the full amount for the odis to begin with. But I don't know the difference between the calibration of odis and vcds unfortunately, so struggling to make the decision.

Do you think vcds will be able to do it? I've asked around locally and the nearest garage with an odis is an hour and a half away. Vcds I can get a lot closer. I don't want to pay to get it towed and pay for the vcds only for it to not work... Might as well pay the full amount for the odis to begin with. But I don't know the difference between the calibration of odis and vcds unfortunately, so struggling to make the decision.

You in the northwest ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk