Need help please!!

Beany113

Reaction score
Hi all, I was driving this morning and decided to put cruise control on, all of a sudden my Ecp light came on and the car wouldn't rev or anything! So I pulled overturned my engine off and then started it again and the light went. The car is now really down on power and the light comes on and kills the cars power every time I use cruise control! I've recently fitted a FMIC and forge charge pipe, any ideas please?!!! Thankyou

MAF... scanning it will show a torque limit exceeded code... unplug the MAF and drive like that... scan the car to confirm but when this happens you loose power (ECU takes throttle control away) but will idle fine (sometimes can be a little lumpy...)

Cycling ignition resets but the fault will still be there if the MAF is the culprit... new MAF will fix this if the case

<tuffty/>

Thanks mate I'll try un plugging the MAF and driving it now! If it drives normally I need a new MAF? thanks for your help mate!!

I've un plugged the MAF and it's still down on power :/

Well of course it is... :)

Unplugging is more a test than a fix... the point of it is that you won't get stuck with a car that won't rev...

get the car scanned... you may find either..

17743/P1335 - Ross-Tech Wiki
17743/P1335 - Engine Torque Monitor 2: Control Limit Exceeded

or

17744/P1336 - Ross-Tech Wiki
17744/P1336 - Engine Torque Monitor: Control Limit Exceeded

New MAF required IMO

<tuffty/>

Thanks tufty!! I have no acsess to a scanner until monday, is it worth jut going to motor parts and buying a new one? Thankyou

MAF is a service item IMO... if you have no idea when it was last changed then definitely worth doing regardless...

But.... only buy a Bosch one... not a pattern part... GSF or ECP sell Bosch MAF's

<tuffty/>