Need Help! retro fitting lane assist for 2018 A3 8v Facelift Cabriolet

Can Akaltun

Reaction score
I want to retrofit lane assist to my car.
i have bought the camera 3Q0 980 654 G.
i have bought the steering wheel column which supports lane assist and acc. (ACC will be future upgrade)
for all these upgrades i have agreed with a local vag center. they are really the best in Turkey.
they installed everything but the tech guy could not able to complete the codding. the system, i mean my car does not allows lane assist activation. after adaptation ODIS cant find any errors.
btw they did it before. i saw those cars in garage. but none of them was cabriolet.
can you help me to find what is missing and resolve this codding. do anyone owns A3 cabriolet with lane assist or anyone has any full scan log for car which is a3 8v cabriolet which has an lane assist system?
previously, they installed mmi nav plus and Bang & Olufsen system to my car and both of them are working well.

Your best bet is the Ross Tech forums - they had this scan there.

i called them for several times them but no one answered.
I accept all kinds of help @DJAlix ?
Not something I can assist people in other countries with as my cables are not long enough to reach from the U.K., not everything can be done remotely.

if able to / free I always answer the phone.

Not something I can assist people in other countries with as my cables are not long enough to reach from the U.K., not everything can be done remotely.

if able to / free I always answer the phone.

hahahha :)
did u worked with a FL cabriolet which has factory fitted lane assist? if yes full scan will be useful

hahahha :)
did u worked with a FL cabriolet which has factory fitted lane assist? if yes full scan will be useful
Not done a cabrio and a scan is not gonna help you as you need special tools, most of which have been blocked by VW group now.

The tech guy has already did it to many A3 sportback and sedans and did not faced with an issue
we think that something is different with a cabriolet. That why i am asking for a scan

The tech guy has already did it to many A3 sportback and sedans and did not faced with an issue
we think that something is different with a cabriolet. That why i am asking for a scan
Best place would be to visit the Ross-tech forum and look for data in the auto scan section

Sent me a PM. I can help you with it.

i am gettimg message is too long error when i tried to send it as a text
i will share it with u with dropbox but i need ur email can u please send ur email as a DM

hi huys

First of all, the workshop was worked with a convertible A3 for the first time. because of that, it took longer than usual.
however, now the lane tracking system works smoothly over 65 km. But still, we got a problem.
I am not able to turn off the system. while installing it I have also bought and installed the steering wheel column(tempomat). (checked the lane assist button and it is sending messages to the car I mean it is working)
but we couldn't find any solution. I am not a tech guy. I don't know too much detail other than what the guy told me.
Just trying to ask what may be the possible solutions. i am Just trying to ask what may be the possible solutions. And according to your ideas, I will tell the guy to do it.

I have a full vcds scan (adaptations and coding from a 2017 rs3 with almost every box checked) Any use?

Can you share the stalks coding?

Last edited:
I have a full vcds scan (adaptations and coding from a 2017 rs3 with almost every box checked) Any use?

Can you share the stalks coding?
the guy is capable of doing such things but the main problem is my car is a cabriolet and there is something different

Everything makes mistakes. Just saying it's a convertible just isnt really a troubleshooting starter. If you are looking for help you just put your cards on the table. It might be a firmware issue or a coding mistake.

Hey mate,

I hope you were able to sort this out, I'm thinking of doing the same thing and your post was the only one I found for an A3

I'm guessing you had to change your windscreen to fit the camera?

Do you have the part numbers of the steering column? and the windscreen? (although I'm sure the windscreen is different in a cabrio to that of a sportback)

Cheers

Hey mate,

I hope you were able to sort this out, I'm thinking of doing the same thing and your post was the only one I found for an A3

I'm guessing you had to change your windscreen to fit the camera?

Do you have the part numbers of the steering column? and the windscreen? (although I'm sure the windscreen is different in a cabrio to that of a sportback)

Cheers

Hi
sorry for late reply
windscreen part number (for cabrio only) 8V7845099AC
steering column 8V0 953 502 BF