need help with brakes

boothy94

Reaction score
ive recently bought a w reg audi a3 sport 1.8l and ive had to put a few things right to get it through the MOT and one of them was a binding brake, i have fixed this but i had to take the caliper to pieces and fix it. however now the brake is not binding but the braking system is not working, the pedal is travelling way too far and their way too weak, also if it helps the brake pedal is making a sqelching noise :/ not sure what it is, ive tried bleeding the brakes a couple times but the front bleed nipples are corodded so ive been bleeding the front ones from the pipe where it attaches to the caliper. can anyone give me some pointers?

still air in the system.why havent you replaced the nips? I think you better let someone who knows what they are doing have a go....

i cant replace the nipples without braking them, dont mind getting new nipples but cant get these off

Soak the nipples in PlusGas / GT85 then heat the surrounding bit of calliper with a blowtorch - this may free them.
If the nipples snap you may be able to use an easy-out to wind out the rest of the nipple.

Failing that - you may need to source a set of replacement callipers.

alright cheers, ive heard that if they snap then an easy-out should work, ill have a go later and let you know how it goes.

well they didnt budge but im fitting a new master cylinder tomorrow :) hopefully fingers crossed that should work!

I'm sure a new master cylinder will fix the seized bleed nipples!

well they didnt budge but im fitting a new master cylinder tomorrow :) hopefully fingers crossed that should work!

hi mate when you go to buy the master cylinder change your mind and buy 2 new front brake calipers no disrespect mate but you really need a garage to sort them or at least someone that knows what they are doing . you don't need me to tell you how important the brakes are please don't take chances with them