Need London/Essex member's help (in return for beer tokens...)

silestanix

Reaction score
Alright all, so I have a decent quality HID kit however they're flickering on start up. I've metered the voltage and its between 10.9-11.5 pulsing at the H1 bulb end, same as my Vectra V6 from years ago which, just like that canbus car, I'm assuming means Xenons need activating on the A3 in VCDS in the Canbus system.

So for some beer tokens, can someone please help me out and switch xenons on in my canbus via VCDS? I've done some reading and searching, and it's the Central Electric Controller, Byte 00, Bit 1.

Xenons are usually an aesthetic but with most of my 130 mile commute done at night (I work shifts), I'd appreciate the xenons. They're 4300k oem colours, and I will also be retrofitting the headlamp wash system & self levelling (have all the parts and looms here, on a week's holiday in August so will do it then).

I'm located in the Gants Hill area...

Cheers!

Harry.

Hi mate,
Haven’t got vcds but recently got some hid cancellers off eBay, thinking they would work on leds I have in my fog’s.

a17b3ecc9ce6c53c06673b25e2493c23.png

They don’t work on leds and seller ensured me they won’t.

If you don’t find any help with coding, I can let you have them for a p&p fee only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: silestanix
Hi mate,
Haven’t got vcds but recently got some hid cancellers off eBay, thinking they would work on leds I have in my fog’s.

a17b3ecc9ce6c53c06673b25e2493c23.png

They don’t work on leds and seller ensured me they won’t.

If you don’t find any help with coding, I can let you have them for a p&p fee only.

Appreciate the offer bud, my bulb warning isn't on though thankfully, it's just the voltage that the lighting engineer gets from CANBUS, it's pulsed and less than the 12v minimum required by hids to start. I did more reading this morning, the voltage is pulsed and less than 12v to prolong bulb life, the pulsing is so minute that it doesn't make a difference to ordinary halogen bulbs but it does affect hids as the ballasts need a stable voltage to work. Makes sense now why the nightbreakers were brighter in my old merc than in the A3.

Reactions: KrisKrk
No problem.
Them cancellers also eliminate pulsing, according to the advert. They’ve got build in capacitors.

If it’s your voltage supply issue, than vcds is inly option.

Good luck with it

Reactions: silestanix
No problem.
Them cancellers also eliminate pulsing, according to the advert. They’ve got build in capacitors.

If it’s your voltage supply issue, than vcds is inly option.

Good luck with it

Hmmm, I haven't heard back from @DJAlix yet via pm, so I may take you up on that bud of it'll solve the pulsing issue.

Saying that, I'm half tempted to wire in relays so the light switch feed switches the relay and relay gives HID kit fused power straight from the battery.

Hmmm.

Reactions: KrisKrk
Here’s what seller described about the item

Product Features:

If you've installed HID lighting kit in your car but are getting a flickering or strobe effect and error or warning codes, then these code canceling capacitors are your solution.

Description:
Work with all aftermarket HID xenon kits: H1, H3, H4, H7, H8, H9, H10, H11, H13, 9004, 9005, 9006, 9007, 880, 881, 889
Solve the error message on the dash board
Eliminate HID headlight flickering
Solve the computer error warning encountered during the installation of the HID kits
Work for most cars with computer controlled headlights.
Plug and play
Very easy to install; no modification is needed
Volts In: 9 to 16V

Alex would always reply to your message.
Even if he would be far, far away, like now and on top of Mount Everest. That’s how professional he is.

Reactions: Sandra and silestanix
Here’s what seller described about the item

Product Features:

If you've installed HID lighting kit in your car but are getting a flickering or strobe effect and error or warning codes, then these code canceling capacitors are your solution.

Description:
Work with all aftermarket HID xenon kits: H1, H3, H4, H7, H8, H9, H10, H11, H13, 9004, 9005, 9006, 9007, 880, 881, 889
Solve the error message on the dash board
Eliminate HID headlight flickering
Solve the computer error warning encountered during the installation of the HID kits
Work for most cars with computer controlled headlights.
Plug and play
Very easy to install; no modification is needed
Volts In: 9 to 16V

Alex would always reply to your message.
Even if he would be far, far away, like now and on top of Mount Everest. That’s how professional he is.

You know, yeah I might try these then mate, let me know how much postage mate & I'll PayPal it to you.

Alex definitely is a professional. He also seems to retrofit cruise control... :D

Alex fit everything. Even Virtual cockpit, as a first one ever retrofitted.

I’ll try to run to post office tomorrow.

Pm me your address

Reactions: Sandra and silestanix