Need some advice on getting a 2015/2016 model

swlabhot

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been researching into the S3/RS3 lately as I sold my Lotus recently and looking for something with both power and practicality.

First I was actually looking to get the S3 due to the steep premium hike of the RS but I'm just too tempted and think I would still be itching and regret it if I go for the S3. Without being biased, is there really so much difference to lay out the extra 10k+ for the RS? I know I can mod the S3 but I'm don't plan on going more than stage 2 so I don't think that will satisfy my hunger for power, where as if I had opt for a more powerful base platform to start with and then mod it, the RS would take me up close to 450hp with Stage II?

Also do you guys think that the price of the 2015/2016 8V (in UK) would drop when the new facelift model arrives in a couple months time? Would there be more choices in the used market due to people upgrading? Would it be wise to wait until then?

Thanks in advance for your opinions and advice.

In terms of outright pace, the RS3 isn't worth the premium. But it's about more than pace. My friend has an S3 and I also had a Golf R (very similar). I had a tuning box and can tell you it was damned similar in performance. But the RS3 just has more presence and feels special to drive...the engine is just something else.

I reckon residuals will hold up OK, even when the FL arrives, partly because they are made in such small numbers. The pre-FL also sounds better ;)

Thats great thanks for your advice.

Have you modded yours or know anyone here who has Stage I or II their RS? I wonder how that feels compared to the stock 360+hp?

Thats great thanks for your advice.

Have you modded yours or know anyone here who has Stage I or II their RS? I wonder how that feels compared to the stock 360+hp?
There's definitely more qualified members here than me to help with this one. However, stage 1 is cheap and apparently gives much more mid-range pull. As for stage 2, someone on here spent about £2000 and is clocking 11.4s quarters. Mighty impressive!

Standard car is pretty mental, clocked 0-60 in 3.6s at Rockingham recently.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

0-60 in 3.6s in STANDARD from?? I doubt it?! What did you use to measure it?

This is true. Many are achieving this.

Watch Evo's video against the A45 AMG. They also clock 3.6s. It's easily sub 4s.

It was at Rockingham as measured on their kit. Lol'ing that you doubt it, I was there ***.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

This is true. Many are achieving this.

Watch Evo's video against the A45 AMG. They also clock 3.6s. It's easily sub 4s.

It does sound a bit incredulous giving the published figure of 4.3 and every 10th is hard to attain from that point.
Great news though.. faster the better!! :)

Is it due perhaps to the engine being at peak age and warmed up, etc? Any mods from standard? sports exhaust?

4.3s is to 62mph. Doesn't sound a lot, but you're saving a tenth or so immediately. Then they test them two up and fuelled up. Audi are notoriously conservative, however.

Autocar clocked 4s dead with two 100kg road testers and a full tank of fuel.