Needing ideas S6 LED Lights on S-line bumper

Unfortunately it's not mine (but it's my inspiration)... I found it on motor-talk.de
http://www.motor-talk.de/blogs/labelchangers-black-beauty

yeah there buried in an s3 bumper i tellyou what i have seen somewhere i think it was on audizine bit of a nasty job though but the guy got a heat gun and kept heating around the light which eventualy the glue melts and he pulled the light apart enabling him to put his leds in the light although the tit put them at the bottom when they would of looked great bending in the top like 09 lights i just dont have the bottle to try it on my xenons lol

is there no way of opening the OEM headlight and fitting them infront of the original headlights. You could always drill a tiny hole for the leads to pass through so you could not see them. Or are the rs6 leds totally a different shape.

Where did you manage to get those leds? just wondering i might give it a go myself:cool:

You Could do this thou.....This Mod looks ok :

fk13.jpg

oznium3.jpg

Check the Link:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3952827

you just read my mind thats the one although the thread of how he done it im not sure where it is although i was use the bigger leds and put them along buy glueing clear plastic together to make the leds

Will end up looking like a boyracers car

It wont end up looking like a boy racers car due to it being an oem audi light with the oem audi rs6 led light.

If it was put on a saxo or corsa then definately.

Just because its an Audi using Audi parts doesn't mean its immune to looking like something you would see at a car cruise. All the cars pictured in here with them on prove that point

You Could do this thou.....This Mod looks ok :

fk13.jpg

oznium3.jpg

Check the Link:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3952827

you just read my mind thats the one although the thread of how he done it im not sure where it is although i was use the bigger leds and put them along buy glueing clear plastic together to make the leds

Those are aftermarket headlights I believe, so led's are built in I'm sure of cause has angel eyes aswell

You can take the oem headlights apart & there is room but gotta make sure the headlight beams arent affected for mot etc, I'm be more inclined to disassemble the rs6 drl's & use the internals cause not sure the curve of the rs6 drl's would fit nicely & aesthetically inside, but thats the best implementation of that kinda mod so far

there not built in i have actually seen the thread where he took them apart using a heat gun and put then in although i would of run the accross the top and down tbh with bigger and fewer leds to look more oem

I take it back, those are oem, apologies, reason I know is the lines down the lense are same as mine & aftermarket ones I havnt seen so far with those lines, but I have seen aftermarkets with the angel eyes same as them, cant stand them tbh, makes it to busy, I mean imagine him coming down road with led's, headlights, sidelights, drl's, angel eyes, you'd think it was a scene from:

B00003CX9G.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

haha i know what you mean but i have drls if you just wired it to them wires they would replace the drls only which would look fine ... accross the top with bigger and more spaced leds would look great if you could take apart the lights you could make a set of drls with clear perspecs and glue it in the top .....although if i mashed my xenons i think id cry so im not gona try .....lol

Facelift......

DSC_0025.jpg

Well that certainly looks familliar...

Those LED's are just a strip (http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips) installed in the back of the bar on the S-Line fog grill. When I installed these they were intended as nothing more than an accent light to go with the foglight DRL. I actually installed them months before I saw the first 09 with the LED DRL's. I don't think they will last too much longer so I am already looking into replacing them with individual, more powerfull, LED's.

I was looking into getting the S6 DRL's on the car, but the only way I could think of installing them would be to completely delete the foglight and grill mount them upside down in the bottom of the fog grill opening and customize a grill. Not sure if I am motivated enough at this time for that kind of project.

Here is a couple of better pics of my current setup...

DSC_0280.jpg

Tunnel1speed1cropped1sml.jpg

Here you can see the holes drilled through if you look closely...

DSC_0173x2sml.jpg

I see you have them angel Headlights. How did you only get one of the rings working? also it seems to be brighter then my angel eye ring. How did you do this? If you don't mind me asking......

Those LED's are just a strip (http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips) installed in the back of the bar on the S-Line fog grill. When I installed these they were intended as nothing more than an accent light to go with the foglight DRL. I actually installed them months before I saw the first 09 with the LED DRL's. I don't think they will last too much longer so I am already looking into replacing them with individual, more powerfull, LED's.

I was looking into getting the S6 DRL's on the car, but the only way I could think of installing them would be to completely delete the foglight and grill mount them upside down in the bottom of the fog grill opening and customize a grill. Not sure if I am motivated enough at this time for that kind of project.

Here is a couple of better pics of my current setup...

DSC_0280.jpg

Tunnel1speed1cropped1sml.jpg

Here you can see the holes drilled through if you look closely...

DSC_0173x2sml.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I didn't get the Halos working... what you see in the pic is actually just a reflection from the HID's. Maybe with a bit of splicing of the wires you could get just one to turn on. As for making them brighter... maybe some powerfull LED's might do the trick, the bulb in those housings is a halogen bulb and it's pretty damn small.

Good luck.