Needle sweep

pburv

Reaction score
Hi all.
Not sure if this has been covered.Is it possible to enable the instrument needles to sweep on startup using vcds? My car is a 2010 2.0tfsi Black Edition. ps I don,t at the moment have vcds or know how to use it:think: I have seen a seller on the Bay selling a fully registered version for £48.99 plus £4.99 postage.Is this worth getting (possible fake/not very good??)..I assume the more expensive ones are genuine...Thanks Paul..

Check out the vcds map for local vcds cable holders near you. Link in my sig. :) x

s3 and rs3 only unless you flash a custom eeprom dump to your cluster.

I have seen a seller on the Bay selling a fully registered version for £48.99 plus £4.99 postage.Is this worth getting (possible fake/not very good??)..I assume the more expensive ones are genuine...Thanks Paul..
You assumed correctly, there are many fakes out there. A genuine lead doesn't usually come with a disc as you download the latest software from Ross Tech off the net. The fake ones always have a hacked copy of the software.

Karl.

Thanks guys for all your replies.I guess from what Darren 92 says it is not possible to do on my car:( .The needle sweep mod was the only (easy) mod I could think of using vcds so not sure if I will be buying one just yet...Thanks Paul....

Lots of little easy mods can be done, depends on what you all ready have activated, I have just activated cornering lights (steering and indicator) I also tried the needle sweep but like you was not possible even though the option is there to tick in vcds, as a future investment I would recommend buying vcds even if you just use it for scans and fault finding, it will pay for itself

All b8s have it regardless of trim, never seen a b7 doing it, not sure if the s/rs4 b7 does it either.

This one defo didnt have it, that said it was imported from Poland if thats makes any difference (prob doesnt tbh)