Hey everyone,

Hello from Toronto, Canada!

Last week I ordered FL S3 in Daytona Grey with the following specs:

S3 Technic
Advanced handling package
Technology package
Black Optics package
Red calipers

So basically all the options except for Super Sport seats. Will I regret not having those? I hope not lol.

Looking forward to be part of this forum and will post pics once this beauty is delivered.

Cheers

Reactions: ChivsBang
I think it is completely personal preference on those.

I have them ordered on mine, mainly because of the aesthetics rather than how differently they might feel to sit in compared to the standard seats. By all accounts, the standard seats on the S3 are fantastic so if you aren't so bothered with the look of the SS seats then I would say you'll be fine :D

Welcome to ASN!

Reactions: Steel28
If I recall correctly members on here have said that they are the same as the super sports seats except for the smaller side bolsters, but if you're tall and have a big back you'd probably find the regular seats more comfortable.

Sounds a nice spec, I've gone for super sport seats purely for the looks, ordered then in grey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love mine and they were a main criteria when i was searching for a S3 second hand
File6

Reactions: Buck and Steel28
I love mine aswell, really set the interior off from standard S-Lines (although you can spec them on there aswell I've heard). They're comfy, but the seat base is the same as the standard seats, which is a bit of cop out imo.

Hi @Steel28 and welcome aboard.
There's a few other Canucks on here too.
Love you're home city and province, been there a few times.
I had originally specced the super sports seats but dropped them at the last minute.
As mentioned it's a personal thing I guess. In my opinion the SSS look better but I don't really regret not getting them as the SS are great too.
I'd say if you'd prefer them for appearances sake get them but if not you'll not miss them.

Hey everyone,

Hello from Toronto, Canada!

Last week I ordered FL S3 in Daytona Grey with the following specs:

S3 Technic
Advanced handling package
Technology package
Black Optics package
Red calipers

So basically all the options except for Super Sport seats. Will I regret not having those? I hope not lol.

Looking forward to be part of this forum and will post pics once this beauty is delivered.

Cheers

I regret not getting them but can only comment from a aesthetics look as I haven't sat in them, and not sure how much more comfortable they are.. my standard sports seats are comfortable

Reactions: Steel28 and Audi Bairn
Welcome to ASN !!

Loads on here about SSS vs Standard seats.

Personally I went standard so my little lad didn't feel boxed in when sitting in the back and also I wanted adjustable head rests.

Worth speccing adjustable lumbar though if you go standard.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and Steel28
Thanks everyone for warm welcome!

I went with standard seats as I wanted to have power adjustments. The car was already in the system and on the boat coming from Germany.

Reactions: Djs3saloon, Mark_86, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
As a fellow Canuck.....I ordered the standard SS seats...way too much money ($1,500) as an option for the SSS in Canada and as many have stated the only difference is the back support...plus in Canada the standard seats come as leather and all electric including lumbar support.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Going a tad off topic here. If you went with either seats, what are they like in the summer when it's roasting? Are the leather seats a pain to sit on? Do they crisp your legs? Never experienced leather in the summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for warm welcome!

I went with standard seats as I wanted to have power adjustments. The car was already in the system and on the boat coming from Germany.

Well yer ****** then....lol SS seats offer more shoulder support plus the added interior Wow factor that's it,but l will get them on my next car though just for a change

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and Steel28
At least I still have some budget for the new personalized plates after not getting SSS :smilingimp:

Attachments

• new plates.PNG
    new plates.PNG
    21.2 KB · Views: 171
Reactions: Jassyo06, Flying Scotsman and Rob2k68
I have them and they are really comfortable. Not sure how they compare with standard seat comfort though as i haven't sat in those.

I have sat and test drove an S3 with SSS....pretty much what Jaasyo06 states ...look great and offer a bit more shoulder support but that was it and for $1500 in Canada..no! I can think of other goodies I can spend my cash on.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Steel28 and Jassyo06
Still hate mine (seats) with a passion & looks like the seat bases are the same for standard or ss seats. May look into gettin a comfort cushion or having the type of foam changed to something softer.
Have tried & tried to adjust mine but hate it every time I sit in it.
I cant be the only one can I?

I have them and they are really comfortable. Not sure how they compare with standard seat comfort though as i haven't sat in those.
In the Sports Seat vs. Super Sports Seat Pepsi Challenge blindfold taste test. I honestly couldn't tell the difference. They feel exactly-the-******-same...

I'd already spec'd lumbar support though (essential with my back) so the Supers were only another £400. I thought it was worth it for the additional bit of wow factor in the interior, and better value than the additional leather pack (ex mono.pur).

Reactions: Rob2k68
It was one of the first options I ticked. Never sat in the standard seats, but just from an aesthetic point of view, they look great.

Reactions: keenu and OST
love that sits! i dont have them and now i have not solution :(