New 19” alloys

mrobbie

Reaction score
So... I had an S4 ordered with 19” V spoke alloys, then for reasons I won’t bring up now, I had to cancel the order and take another at an alternate dealer which comes with the standard ‘10 v spoke’ alloys. They just don’t do it for me and so I plan to change. I’ve seen a few non-S cars and S cars with them and they just don’t set the car out as I hoped they would.

Initial thoughts were BBS CH-R but any other suggestions?

VMR 810 look great, but import costs make BBS look an easier option.

Maybe I’m behind the times and my taste in wheels harks back to the late 90’s and TSW Hockenheim R wheels...

Reactions: NevMan
How about keeping it OEM... C7 RS6 rims?

Loving my 10 v-spokes btw!

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and mrobbie
This set of reps. Hartmann HRS6-091-MA:M. http://shop.achtuning.com/hartmann-hrs6-091-ma-m-18-20-inch-replica-wheels-audi.aspx in 19x8.5j 38ET. You can use your oem centre caps.
ab4b18b9b41929578aeeadb4c5ff9fe1.jpg

d50e673200b5aefa9e586359a6386f82.jpg

50dfc2cef82fdcc632d89d562ac6b3ba.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan, DohNut, mrobbie and 1 other person
ET32 which may sit a bit inside the arch and as you say may require spacers to push them out a bit

Found that Wheelbase are a U.K. seller of these and offer a wider range of offsets up to ET45

Last edited:
ET32 which may sit a bit inside the arch and as you say may require spacers to push them out a bit

Found that Wheelbase are a U.K. seller of these and offer a wider range of offsets up to ET45

Something like 8.5j 35ET is what I’m running which you should aim for. 35ET-40ET but just check. My setup has no spacers. With 255/35/19 tyres which are slightly wider than OEM for the b9. That’s on the stock sports suspension. No issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrobbie
Thanks for the RS6 suggestion... just found this and it looks great!

Upload 2018 5 23 18 50 5

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-23_18-49-49.jpeg
    upload_2018-5-23_18-49-49.jpeg
    428.5 KB · Views: 275
Reactions: NevMan and WesT-gefül
So... my new rims didn’t happen. Took delivery of the car and ended up with a house move down south happening which took the focus.

Back on this again... some nice options such as the BBS CH-R and CI-R, and the Ispiri range also looks good

I had thought of spacers to push the wheel out to fill the arches more.

I’m seeing various options on sites which suggest wheels and fitments that will work. Some of these include 8.5” all round with Et32, some even include a staggered setup of 8.5” front ET32 and 9.5” rear ET35...

I’m keeping the stock tyres - 245/35-19... will these be too stretched on a 9.5” rim?

What is a “safe” offset for front / rear wheels in 8.5” / 9” / 9.5”?

I’m seeing that fronts should be 8” or 9” only?

Thanks
Mike

Attachments

• 0BF9D23F-EEAD-4247-B27A-A93BB21AB051.jpeg
    0BF9D23F-EEAD-4247-B27A-A93BB21AB051.jpeg
    228 KB · Views: 296
So... my new rims didn’t happen. Took delivery of the car and ended up with a house move down south happening which took the focus.

Back on this again... some nice options such as the BBS CH-R and CI-R, and the Ispiri range also looks good

I’m seeing various options on sites which suggest wheels and fitments that will work. Some of these include 8.5” all round with Et32, some even include a staggered setup of 8.5” front ET32 and 9.5” rear ET35...

I’m keeping the stock tyres - 245/35-19... will these be too stretched on a 9.5” rim?

Thanks
Mike

Stock wheels are 8.5J so I'm not sure why anyone would be recommending 8J or 9J only for the fronts...

Go to www.willtheyfit.com and pop in the before and after wheel/tyre sizes and it'll give you plenty information on how they'll sit. :)

Stock wheels are 8.5J so I'm not sure why anyone would be recommending 8J or 9J only for the fronts...

Sorry, fat fingers... should have been 8.5” or 9” on fronts - presumably suggesting 9.5” may be a problem fit

Reactions: Daggerit
No worries, that makes more sense! :)

Yeah, I think that you might struggle with 9.5J or higher because you'd need a fairly aggressive offset to pull them away from the front upper links I think. If I remember rightly they're fairly close as it is!

Go to www.willtheyfit.com and pop in the before and after wheel/tyre sizes and it'll give you plenty information on how they'll sit. :)

Great link, thanks.

Can’t see how a 9.5” rim fits - I hear of people adding 12mm spacers all round with no issues, but the 9.5” rim adds 14.7mm poke out and 10.7mm closer to suspension strut @ ET38 or 7.7mm poke out and 17.7mm closer to suspension strut & ET45...

9.5” allows a bit of extra concave which would be nice.

Car isn’t lowered. At this point...

Great link, thanks.

Can’t see how a 9.5” rim fits - I hear of people adding 12mm spacers all round with no issues, but the 9.5” rim adds 14.7mm poke out and 10.7mm closer to suspension strut @ ET38 or 7.7mm poke out and 17.7mm closer to suspension strut & ET45...

9.5” allows a bit of extra concave which would be nice.

Car isn’t lowered. At this point...

Yeah, I'm one of those running the 12mm spacers all round! Mine is lowered as well and I've not had any rubbing issues at all but I'm not sure how close the wheels currently are to the upper links. I don't know if I can get in to estimate with the wheel turned or not, I might see if I can have a look as that might help figure out what could be fitted.

As you say though, I think you'd struggle with 9.5" wheels.

If I were you I’d go with a square setup especially for rotating wheels. I run 8.5j 35ET w/ 255/35/19 and have no issues. The most important bit you want to be perfect is the Bore.

...8.5” ET32 would be equivalent to stock wheel with an 8mm spacer?

Thanks
Mike

I am a massive fan of the BBS CH-R and CI-R

I'd head over to Audizine and have a look at the wheel thread on the B9 S4 forum for some ideas.

The main issue with these cars is clearing the brakes whilst not rubbing on the arches. For instance 20x10 ET35 255's will work fine on a non-s but will require a 5 mm spacer to clear the brakes on an S4 which will then cause it to rub.

If you like the BBS wheels the CI-R 20x9 ET42 with 255 tyres looks great and clears the brakes. The CH-R comes in 19x9.5 ET35 which will work with 255 tyres as well.

Ispiri were a bit murky on whether their wheels would clear the front brakes on the fitments that would work well so I didn't bother buying from them in the end.

Vorsteiner do the V-FF 108 in an S4 fitment of 19x9.5 ET35 which look good as well and clears the brakes.

Are you looking to lower it? I often find aftermarket wheels and standard suspension looks a bit off. ABT do a height adjustable spring (HAS) kit that is very well reviewed and as its adjustable you don't get that terrible reverse rake that springs seem to give on this platform and keeps dynamic ride intact.

Reactions: mrobbie, NevMan and WesT-gefül
Have to agree on clearance of the brakes. Although I’ve got the 190ps diesel the clearance with ET35 is scarily close to the brake cover. Think they are two pot on mine with 318mm disks.

I'd head over to Audizine and have a look at the wheel thread on the B9 S4 forum for some ideas.

The main issue with these cars is clearing the brakes whilst not rubbing on the arches. For instance 20x10 ET35 255's will work fine on a non-s but will require a 5 mm spacer to clear the brakes on an S4 which will then cause it to rub.

If you like the BBS wheels the CI-R 20x9 ET42 with 255 tyres looks great and clears the brakes. The CH-R comes in 19x9.5 ET35 which will work with 255 tyres as well.

Ispiri were a bit murky on whether their wheels would clear the front brakes on the fitments that would work well so I didn't bother buying from them in the end.

Vorsteiner do the V-FF 108 in an S4 fitment of 19x9.5 ET35 which look good as well and clears the brakes.

Are you looking to lower it? I often find aftermarket wheels and standard suspension looks a bit off. ABT do a height adjustable spring (HAS) kit that is very well reviewed and as its adjustable you don't get that terrible reverse rake that springs seem to give on this platform and keeps dynamic ride intact.

Really good informative post mate

Reactions: WesT-gefül

King James... what a reply!

I’m sticking with 19” as the 245-35/19 tyres are only 4K miles in so sticking with them for now. I think. 9.5” rim may have too much stretch on them.

Good info - the balance between too close to strut and clearance of brakes seems a real hit or miss depending on the rim design

I’ve not heard of inside room being an issue. A guy on audizine has a set of BC Forged in 19x10 Et38 which is 17mm closer to the strut than a standard 19” S4 wheel.

It’s really that most popular current wheel designs are concave which allows less brake clearance so one wheel at 19x9.5 Et40 will work and another with the same specs but a different design will foul the calliper.

I would really think about going to 255 even if you got say a 9j wheel, not only is there more grip but I think 245 is too skinny for the car considering how slab slided it is!

Reactions: mrobbie
So this is BS, right?

When asking about a set of Audi replica wheels on eBay, I questioned what bolts were needed... reply...

“Hi These are for the larger Audi cars hence center bore 66.5/6 & et32
The wheels can use Radial or Conical bolts. Some bolts are different / worn so you cannot be use until you offer them up to the wheel so bare this in mind.”

Radial AND conical WORK??

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/223367660237

False economy to purchase aftermarket wheels from a unknown manufacturer from fleabay...