New 2015 RS3!!!

Not sure if this has been posted?

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, RedTurtle, lucas-suisse and 1 other person

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Scotty2011 and boozyjay
Im not sold on this red colour they keep pushing one bit. Maybe because I am a Spurs fan and no red is permitted anywhere near my house :) Where's the Nardo!!!!!

I wonder if that is the same car in the video and photo above? If so, the colour looks very different between the two.

That's a pretty good write up in general. Interesting to hear their experience of the passenger ride at the Nurburgring.

Personal unveil
6DD741BD-B118-4F79-9875-A50DBD18916B-8482-00001337BA44CC3C_zps7d3c36d1.jpg

A9BF132F-AF9A-4FEC-8D3B-100605B2B718-8482-00001337AFE70EF3_zpsf1c7f170.jpg

44CD0F12-93E4-489B-9658-6F0DDEF7F9F1-8482-00001337987B1DE3_zps54667738.jpg

5EED25B7-F89A-42EF-9E00-0122152F5F00-8482-000013377ADBCC40_zps44b208e1.jpg

Reactions: RicoS3, 45bvtc, T-800 and 3 others
Love the colour in those pics ... is it nardo grey ?

Yeah, that Nardo looks pretty good, although I'd be pushed to give that car more than seven out of ten in the looks department. I still think Glacier White will be the way to go on this car and those wheels would be better if they were all black. I do hope there's better options on offer than those, else I'll have to persuade my dealer to have something else fitted, always aggro and cost attached to that. Noted that the new TTS wheel options are pretty awful to look at, I think they need to recruit a new designer...

Last edited:
Trust me the pics don't do it justice. It looks stunning in the flesh. The Nardo is darker and wheels look black metallic. Those going tonight will see what I mean. When the covers came off it takes your breath away ! Well it did for me as its my perfect spec.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Oh yes! That's the puppy. Just get my plate on and deliver it to my front door. Truly stunning

Looks awesome. Can't wait to test drive one and compare - see whether it's worth spanking the difference to upgrade or not.

Stunning car in the flesh. I was a little worried about how it was going to turn out in real life but they have done a great job and I do like the grey but I'm not sure I would go for the black pack or the stitching........

Image Image1 Image2 Image3

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelza and JimboS3
Looks stunning, cant wait to see it in the flesh next Tuesday in Geneva, Wish the one in Geneva was Nardo or White as opposed to red though. Love the Quattro badge in the front grill, problem being I want to spec ACC and got a feeling I wont be able to have both. Why don't they mount the radar to the left or right intake like they do on the RS4 to enable you to have both.

Next step is to wait for actual reviews by the journos. Yes, most of them are chumps, but it will be very interesting to hear how they think it compares to the Golf R.

Absolutely, no doubt the RS3 will get slated for having numb steering and being more expensive than the Golf R!!

Next step is to wait for actual reviews by the journos. Yes, most of them are chumps, but it will be very interesting to hear how they think it compares to the Golf R.

Don't think you would compare to a golf R, as the S3 is match for that and I know I am bias as I own one, but the golf R isn't as a good as an S3. Just look at one and then sit in it and tell me I'm wrong. lol. To drive however, pretty even I'd say after spending time behind the wheel of the new R.

As far as the new RS3 is concerned, it'll be the AMG Merc that'll draw the most comparisons. It's got that soundly beat on the interior, that much I can already say!

Reactions: Scotty2011
The man's right about the RS3 being a Q-car: but he ought to have known about 1914 Q-ships from which the automotive term derived.

The Audi RS3 in either MK1 or MK2 form is an amazingly purposeful piece of all-weather machinery with an absolutely superb engine and transmission...

Please excuse my near 4-year bias...

Reactions: Moschops, Kelza and SKAVIA
Don't think you would compare to a golf R

The Mk7 Golf R is universally considered to be the best performance hatch on the market. It is the inevitable benchmark.

And don't think that 'bigger is better' necessarily - the R is considered better than the AMG already despite the power deficit and the previous TTS was widely considered to be a better car than the TT-RS by motoring journalists.

The Mk7 Golf R is universally considered to be the best performance hatch on the market. It is the inevitable benchmark.

And don't think that 'bigger is better' necessarily - the R is considered better than the AMG already despite the power deficit and the previous TTS was widely considered to be a better car than the TT-RS by motoring journalists.

Journo's mostly talk twaddle thou, many of them are "pro racer" level and make at least part of there judgement based on flat out on track driving, something most owners won't do.

Harris makes me laugh the most, he berates Audi's but then buys one with his own money as a daily tool, and after audi allowed him to spec and have an RS6 as a long term loaner he states the RS6 is the best car ever made lol (they are epic)

We all like different things so it's alway best to drive stuff and make your own mind up. I have driven the A45 and whilst it's extremely competent and fast it's utterly soulless to drive, it's a play station car to me.

I have not yet driven the golf but there is no doubts it is fantastic value at £300ppm, personally I couldnt own one as I want a car with an engine that's got character and does not need a speaker under the bonnet to try and give it some, but I can accept for many people that's not important, we all like different things.

Reactions: SKAVIA
Hi all,

Here's the spec of the RS3 at Geneva if anyone is interested. It's all in German and French however, and the pricing is in Swiss Francs.

Carbon Ceramics are a cool 6000 CHF! At current exchange rates, that's £4k !!!

This can't be for UK - the UK spec at dealers say LED headlights as standard (not options as suggested), light and rain sensors, Parking system plus

Fair comment, but most reviews I read cite the price as the differentiator when comparing the golf R against other metal in the same category. Spec up a golf R to an identical S3 and that theory goes out of the window. I take a lot of these reviews with a pinch of salt, having driving the new R a few times and owning an S3 as I do. Just can't see how you can compare an RS3 against the R. Wouldn't make sense to me; might as well compare it to an S3 and say the S3 is better as it's cheaper. LOL.

Some pics I took at Geneva yesterday, apologies about quality and some angles, was a bit rushed. Not really anybody on the stand worth speaking to, I spoke to a woman on the stand about the RS3 'limousine' and she was pretty certain it would not be happening :(

The wheel design is alot nicer in person however it just seems a bit of a lazy effort by Audi as it is just an updated rotor wheel design by Audi. I think even the same wheels in a more concave design would give the RS3 the more aggressive look it requires!

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 343
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 385
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    38.1 KB · Views: 321
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    63.8 KB · Views: 345
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 349
  • image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 340
  • image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 346
  • image9.jpeg
    image9.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 314
  • image10.jpeg
    image10.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 328
  • image11.jpeg
    image11.jpeg
    69.3 KB · Views: 366
  • image12.jpeg
    image12.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 309
  • image13.jpeg
    image13.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 327
Fair comment, but most reviews I read cite the price as the differentiator when comparing the golf R against other metal in the same category. Spec up a golf R to an identical S3 and that theory goes out of the window. I take a lot of these reviews with a pinch of salt, having driving the new R a few times and owning an S3 as I do. Just can't see how you can compare an RS3 against the R. Wouldn't make sense to me; might as well compare it to an S3 and say the S3 is better as it's cheaper. LOL.

You really are missing the point of a 5-pot 7-speed DSG Audi RS3 on ALL weather UK roads...

Let alone the left-behind noise... :jester: :jump: :thrashi::wtf::racer:

AND that's with 3.1/2 years of pure Audi RS3 on-the-road experience........................

You really are missing the point of a 5-pot 7-speed DSG Audi RS3 on ALL weather UK roads...

Let alone the left-behind noise... :jester: :jump: :thrashi::wtf::racer:

AND that's with 3.1/2 years of pure Audi RS3 on-the-road experience........................

I think it's you who's missed the point. Try reading my post again :think: didn't own the old RS3, never really liked the look of the 8P sportbacks, but did own a TTRS for two years... get the point :keule:

You're right on the price of R vs S3, I've spec'ed both myself in the past to understand the difference in costs.

And they might say the S3 (or R) is 'better' due to the relative costs. The last generation GTI was considered better than the R as the extra cost didn't seem to be justified by the additional performance on offer. This time the R is considered the better overall package than the GTI.

It remains to be seen whether the differential in performance between the S3 and RS3 will be considered 'worth it.'

Personal unveil
6DD741BD-B118-4F79-9875-A50DBD18916B-8482-00001337BA44CC3C_zps7d3c36d1.jpg

A9BF132F-AF9A-4FEC-8D3B-100605B2B718-8482-00001337AFE70EF3_zpsf1c7f170.jpg

44CD0F12-93E4-489B-9658-6F0DDEF7F9F1-8482-00001337987B1DE3_zps54667738.jpg

5EED25B7-F89A-42EF-9E00-0122152F5F00-8482-000013377ADBCC40_zps44b208e1.jpg

That Nardo is amazing. This is the first RS3 that I've looked at and thought, I could own that. The Black and Grey works very well together. In the second pic you can see there does seem to be more rear wheel arch flare than an S3. Could be the light yes, but with spacers/different wheels and a slight touch of lowering, it could look very tasty indeed. Really looking forward to seeing this in the flesh.

I think it's you who's missed the point. Try reading my post again :think: didn't own the old RS3, never really liked the look of the 8P sportbacks, but did own a TTRS for two years... get the point :keule:

My mistake, I apologise, life's too short, and I like this audi-sport.net Forum way too much to upset anyone...

TTRS_OP_zpsc3f8505e.jpg

But not a patch on an RS3 for me or I'd have one already...

BLAND looking for me is the RS3 and is why I love the RS3 soooo much: even at the Stoke Audi do on Saturday the RS3 was almost walk past for Stoke Audi employees (who should have known) without noticing... I like that in my Audi RS3. That suits me 100%. ZERO recognition.

I'd buy a TTRS roadster tomorrow so long as it didn't have the 'fixed wing' and an interesting spec; but only to harmonize with BLUEY: BLUEY is a KEEPER!

Loving our A2 90bhp TDi mind... What a machine... A proper
feet-on-the-ground machine is the Audi A2.

Last edited:
Reactions: ACWKGYTO
Any news yet on any Dealers having an RS3 on short term loan for a few days, like they did 2 years ago with the S3 ?

I may e-mail my Dealer and tell him to let me know if they are informed they will have one.

Saw an A2 driver yesterday
Any news yet on any Dealers having an RS3 on short term loan for a few days, like they did 2 years ago with the S3 ?

I may e-mail my Dealer and tell him to let me know if they are informed they will have one.

Would be like trying to get a doctors appointment...well we can see you on Thursday at 8am in 3 weeks time !