New 2015 RS3!!!

Nardo's lighter so even quicker. Less coats.

Reactions: Nimbus265, Yorrick and ChinsTTS
lighter but less aerodynamic. That rough primer finish with grab at the air like a million tiny parachutes. You know what they say: you can't polish a Nardo! ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: NormantheDog
31babafeb56748bec61450fa2c8afbdc.jpg

Reactions: Yorrick
Not sure if this has been posted before ?
At 12 secs you can really hear the diff with exhaust valves open

It's definitely noticeable even with the standard exhaust when you switch between normal and sports mode. Is that video with the sports exhaust though?

Have to admit, I only watched the S3 and RS3 comparison bit and then switched off.

Not sure if this has been posted before - if it has not seen it - not a bad clip ....

Great vid, could listen to that all day. Just hurry up and build mine Audi ***!

Hate all this promotion ******** that audi are doing on pistonheads and autocar. There should be no need for it. All previous RS products have sold on their own merits, not adverts on the TV and all over motoring sites

It is the cheapest RS model. The potential buyer audience is much larger than other models, so that advertising is much more effective and needed to convince.

It is the cheapest RS model. The potential buyer audience is much larger than other models, so that advertising is much more effective and needed to convince.

There was no advertising for the last rs3 and didn't exactly hang around showrooms, the TV adverts don't bother me much, it's the promoted videos on pistonheads that get me

There was no advertising for the last rs3 and didn't exactly hang around showrooms, the TV adverts don't bother me much, it's the promoted videos on pistonheads that get me

The last one was limited in numbers, this one isn't.
Hence they want to sell it to all and sundry.

They will be everywhere. Especially up this way!

Last edited:
A45 AMG / A class facelift announcement will be at the LA motor show in November.

Its a while off yet as first deliveries are not until Q1 2016.

There is also going to be two states of tune for the AMG as seen in the new C class AMG. Output will only increase if you get the "S" version. The "normal" version will have similar price and bhp as current one. I think the same as you - it will be silly money.....

Debut and official launch are two different events. Sorry confused the both. My Mrs works for Merc hence I know bits.

Going on current Audi model cycles the facelift for the 8V should be announced some time late next year.

A45 Facelift announced today, selling at 3 July, with first deliveries in September.

8V Facelift will come faster than expected too, I expect early 2016.

8V Facelift will come faster than expected too, I expect early 2016.

Unlikely early 2016....

12 months from first rumour to debute
6-8 months from first spy/mule shots to debute
8-10 months from first spy shots to first orders.

You only have to look at the time lines for the TT, RS3, Q7, TTS, R8

They have all followed a similar pattern.

So early 2016 unlikely

Unlikely early 2016....

12 months from first rumour to debute
6-8 months from first spy/mule shots to debute
8-10 months from first spy shots to first orders.

You only have to look at the time lines for the TT, RS3, Q7, TTS, R8

They have all followed a similar pattern.

So early 2016 unlikely

I will quote you like did with Pulp84, just wait 8 months (3 March 2016 in Geneva) ;). And that's too late from my point of view.

I was originally thinking about Glacier White, but after seeing this photo it has to be Catalunya Red with black pack.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435426417908193

Reactions: VAG_Club001, IPG, Pulp84 and 7 others
Take it from me Red really shows off the RS in all its glory

Reactions: Marshy and Snake Pliskin
Any idea yet when the carbon ceramics will be available and how much?

Didn't see them mentioned in the brochure when I looked the other day.

Any idea yet when the carbon ceramics will be available and how much?

Didn't see them mentioned in the brochure when I looked the other day.
End of the year. Same time as the bucket seats and ceramic brakes.

Reactions: Pulp84
I was originally thinking about Glacier White, but after seeing this photo it has to be Catalunya Red with black pack.

View attachment 61837

I went to the Goodwood Festival of Speed at the weekend, and was really trying to love the SB shape but it's hard!

But I like Red, the one at Goodwood on near the stairs didn't look like this red at all!!! It looked more like Tomato soup which didn't appeal at all!

Does anyone know what this colour (special colour ?) was called or was it the only red available for the RS3

It's Catalunya Red and it is the only red and it is exclusive to the RS 3. Other than a custom red.

It's Catalunya Red and it is the only red and it is exclusive to the RS 3. Other than a custom red.
In the flesh this didn't look nice at all...Misano Red always looked nice on other RS models.

I saw this insanery spec today. That's a phenomenal amount of money to be throwing down on a hatchback really.

Attachments

• IMG_0968.jpg
    IMG_0968.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 269
I saw this insanery spec today. That's a phenomenal amount of money to be throwing down on a hatchback really.
As opposed to spending it on a smaller car with only two doors and two seats?

I was picking up the little one from a school play last night and one of the other fathers works for Audi somewhere in the north east and he collected his daughter in a black RS3 with the grey s/s seats, Quattro grill, gloss black rotors and black calipers on KW15 plate I think.
One thing it definitely had the optional exhaust as he did a fly past before he came into the school....... carefully and it crackled, popped and banged and sounded lovely with the 5 pot tone.
I would say it is still very subdued in its looks but you can tell its not a basic A3/S3.
If only I didn't have a caravan I think I would be waiting for the ceramics and buckets then ordering one........

As opposed to spending it on a smaller car with only two doors and two seats?

I can see your point, but I just maxed out a TT-S and came in around 8k€ less than the RS3. Fair enough it's not a TT-RS.
Make no mistake, I'd love to have an RS3. But sitting in that maxed out model today, there's no way I could honestly say I felt I was inside a 68k€ car. I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling that way.

I can see your point, but I just maxed out a TT-S and came in around 8k€ less than the RS3. Fair enough it's not a TT-RS.
Make no mistake, I'd love to have an RS3. But sitting in that maxed out model today, there's no way I could honestly say I felt I was inside a 68k€ car. I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling that way.

Value is such a subjective thing and I think the difficulty the RS3 has is that it doesn’t easily sit in a box. £40-50k for a hatchback is ridiculous. But £40-50k for a car with that performance and mechanical charisma is cheap. Of course the RS3 doesn’t really stack up as a Supercar – after all, it looks much the same as a £20k hatchback and I’m sure for most people that’s the car’s undoing.

For me though that’s the car’s charm. I don’t want a car that looks too flashy, but I do want something that feels special. The RS3 fits that better than anything else.

Reactions: boozyjay, NormantheDog and Yorrick
i had a look round a nardo rs3 a couple of weeks back at bolton audi when we was having the wife a3 sportback sline 8v serviced . don't get me wrong i know it is a great car but for me it just didn't stand out enough for close to £50 grand . the wife said it just looks like the car we have with a few different bits on . and in a way i could see where she was coming from . fair play to anyone who as bought one but for that sort of money i expected it to wow me and it didn't ..

Go for the TTS.
So much better to drive than the RS3.

I drove the TTS around Thruxton today, and it was an engaging drive. But It only has 2 seats , and the MMI if not easy to read when driving fast. the RS3 comprehensively stuffed the TTS in a drag however I'm pleased to say

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I drove the TTS around Thruxton today, and it was an engaging drive. But It only has 2 seats , and the MMI if not easy to read when driving fast. the RS3 comprehensively stuffed the TTS in a drag however I'm pleased to say

If straight line speed is your thing over an enjoyable drive, the RS3 is the right car.