New 2015 RS3!!!

Daytona might be the only colour that works with the alu pack?

Reactions: SW14NY'S and DAYTONA 500
Nope what? You saying all colours work with the crappy painted plastic, or that it's crap even with Daytona? I've got an opinion, if you've got one then say it...

Reactions: T-800 and josedebardi
Can't understand a word being said but car in video looks the business

Reactions: JayA3sline and Yorrick
Everything suits Daytona - but not lime green or Yellow eh? We don't want our cars to sink to the AMG/VW/Citroen level do we?

Pics what I test drove (with trade plates, soon to become a demonstrator I was informed...)

image.jpg2_zpsf8gkgxmb.jpg

image.jpg1_zpscguzeicv.jpg

This the car at Hitchin Audi? We drove it last month - and we ordered one straight away lol.

That Daytona is the best RS3 pic I've seen.
Looks so much better than Nardo!
It even makes the Rotor's look better than dull - they fit well with Daytona seemingly.

Reactions: Yorrick
I was torn between the Daytona and the glacier when ordering. I think it looks great, not a fan of the Ali pack though. Has anybody actually ordered one without the black or Ali pack? With the body coloured blade at the front and standard Ali trim round the grill?

The alu pack is really cheap looking IMO.

Black pack considerably better.

The alu roof bars are a big no no too.

Reactions: Yorrick
When the Mk1 came out I had a look at a few in showrooms (I've still never seen one on the road!!) and was really put off by the so-called aluminium styling. I might have been interested enough in driving one if I'd known it was an option and you could have them without the Woolworths-look add-ons. Not quite as bad as the previous gen Civics though - the rear light clusters are actually made from discarded plastic sandwich packs.

I was torn between the Daytona and the glacier when ordering. I think it looks great, not a fan of the Ali pack though. Has anybody actually ordered one without the black or Ali pack? With the body coloured blade at the front and standard Ali trim round the grill?
Yep, we've ordered one in Nardo without black or ali pack.

I don't think this has been posted yet.

Sounds great !

Reactions: JayA3sline
Nope what? You saying all colours work with the crappy painted plastic, or that it's **** even with Daytona? I've got an opinion, if you've got one then say it...
Ok my friend calm down........

The Alu pack doesn't work for me with any colour.

On the MK2.........

I don't like the way it highlights the exhausts at the back.
I also don't like the front blades in it.

Reactions: Disco Dal and Yorrick
Daytona might be the only colour that works with the alu pack?
I had a Daytona Grey Mk1 with the Alu pack and imo it suited the colour and car but again imo the design of Mk2's rear apron doesn't look right with the Alu pack.

Reactions: T-800
I had a Daytona Grey Mk1 with the Alu pack and imo it suited the colour and car but again imo the design of Mk2's rear apron doesn't look right with the Alu pack.

I think the alu pack makes the car look very bulbous at the back

Sorry Mr T, not un-calm, just wanted to know which way you meant.

I hadn't thought about the back so much but you're right it does make the exhausts look a bit daft. It's the stupid blade/chinstrap thing at the front I really don't like and the 'ali' makes it stand out too much. Hopefully a later facelift does away with it completely. I'm surprised the journos don't slag it off more. But I suppose they're as known for their good taste as I am ;-)

The shape of the 'ali' bit on the front of the Mk1 works a lot better - I think my objection on the Mk1 is not so much the colour and the way it accentuates the shape but the quality of the paint - it just looks like cheap painted plastic to me. Mill a bit out of some proper manly aluminium and it'd be great :)

Can't understand a word being said but car in video looks the business

That's exactly the spec that is tempting me away from Sepang. I've never had a black car and that car looks amazing. Suits the RS3 well, methinks.

Reactions: billyali86, Yorrick and RYuill
Having seen two Mythos with black packs in person, it doesn't look very good IMHO. I was surprised at how flat and uninspired the two looked with the all black combination.

I absolutely LOVE the stealth all black, however coming from a black A3 s line and a black S3 s tronic. The stone chips are ridiculous on black paint, really does ruin the front look and I've had my front repainted since and it's a b^tch to keep clean so my next choice would be Daytona I would think however I still love a black clean car - nothing beats it

Reactions: josedebardi
Soooo I googled 'how to maintain a black car'.... Let's just say, it wasn't an overly positive experience hahaha

I already wash my red S3 every week, so that's not too much of an issue. But am slightly scared by the stone chips and swirls.

A quarterly cut n polish would be a good way to go, no?

Soooo I googled 'how to maintain a black car'.... Let's just say, it wasn't an overly positive experience hahaha

I already wash my red S3 every week, so that's not too much of an issue. But am slightly scared by the stone chips and swirls.

A quarterly cut n polish would be a good way to go, no?

I'm seriously considering spending ~£1000 on a new car protection detail including XPEL PPF on the chip prone areas for this exact reason.

Reactions: Duds44
I should also mention that my current black S3 has been wet sanded and used gtechniq products to prolong the durability, this still as expected doesn't prevent the horrid chips but the wet sanding does make the car look cleaner even when it's not due to getting rid of the orange peel so the reflections from light are 100% true giving that perfect look paint.
If anyone is interested or unsure what wet sanding can achieve then I have many photos to show you

I should also add that whilst protection packages are great, they are only temporary. Wet sanding is permanent. It's not cheap and takes a long time to do but it's well worth it if your planning on keeping your vehicle for a while.
Come December I would of had it 3 years since I completed the work on it and no other car can compete when it comes to gloss/ depth/ shine levels. Definitely an eye catcher and everyone always says "what product did you use" haha! It doesn't need products it's the flatness of paint!

Last edited:
Jose I have and will be using revolution detailing for gtechniq crystal serum plus Exo finish. They shouldn't be too far from you. I have contacted exclusive in the past did they do the gtechniq crystal serum only certain detailers are lowed to?

DaytonaRS3
DaytonaRS3a

Just like mine :wub: but cancelled the black wheels for titanium wonder if I did the right thing.......

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, S3 AD, billyali86 and 1 other person
Very nice Norman. When did you place your order?

Reactions: NormantheDog
Blimey mate you certainly have. I placed mine around 12th June, they are saying September but can't see it myself after reading other members posts lately.

I had a six month wait for a Golf R which got rejected and I was told to get to the back of queue so looked into the RS3 and spoke to a few dealers but none were offering any sort of discounts. A few months later went back to one who had a car about to start the production line and offered a nice discount so couldn't say no! There are dealers out there with allocation you just need to find them or get lucky maybe you have? I'm probably picking up in September as on holiday soon.

When I signed the forms it was saying estimated delivery 31st October - I pulled the dealer on it saying that he had agreed September - he is sticking by this so we'll have to wait and see, although I haven't got a build week or anything like that yet.

My order form says end of September but he always said it would be ready for 01 September I think it is just **** covering and probably gets them out of supplying hire cars or apology vouchers for delays!

Just like mine :wub: but cancelled the black wheels for titanium wonder if I did the right thing.......
Having just seen a photo of someones delivered car with the standard wheels on the 'other' forum, I'm thinking of saving money and going with them. I think the Titanium goes well with the above, saw a demo car in that colour with them and they matched well.

Reactions: NormantheDog
It's the first Daytona I have seen without the aluminium pack!

Reactions: GRE57Y
Nice that's the first picture I have seen of what mine will almost look like. Mine will be Daytona + black pack + titanium wheels. I have been trying not to get too excited but those pictures have made me look forward to it just a little bit more!! 9 days and counting for me.

Reactions: 45bvtc, boozyjay and NormantheDog