Sandra

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Audi Main Dealer
Platinum Supporter
Reaction score

Reactions: Jcbmally and Dubjam
I really like the look of this car and points to an exciting future for the e-tron range. Given it's based on the same platform as the Porsche Taycan, you'd hope it would be a fair bit cheaper than one of those but some estimates have it at £100k and for that kind of money I'd be sat having discussions in a Porsche dealer.

Reactions: RGBARGEE
I really like the look of this car and points to an exciting future for the e-tron range. Given it's based on the same platform as the Porsche Taycan, you'd hope it would be a fair bit cheaper than one of those but some estimates have it at £100k and for that kind of money I'd be sat having discussions in a Porsche dealer.
I'm assuming there will be shared underpinnings with the Porsche Taycan which certainly is a most impressive car. Given Audi having gone down market in it's dashboard layouts on 8Y A3 and Q3 I think there will be many who hope these will be reversed at some point. Touch screen is great for an iPhone but not the dash of a premium car imho.

Same platform as the Taycan with 60% shared components. Built in the R8 factory. One difference is that the e-tron GT will get 3 motors rather than the 2 the Taycan gets. Don't know if that is just for the top end models though. There will be an RS version as well. Still think the entry point should be far less than the Taycan which looks good value compared to the rest of the Porsche line-up.

Same platform as the Taycan with 60% shared components. Built in the R8 factory. One difference is that the e-tron GT will get 3 motors rather than the 2 the Taycan gets. Don't know if that is just for the top end models though. There will be an RS version as well. Still think the entry point should be far less than the Taycan which looks good value compared to the rest of the Porsche line-up.
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/products/taycan/powertrain-18555.html Porsche Taycan does look particularly good value against the 992/911 but actually an Audi A7 would still probably be a cheaper financial prospect to e-tron GT or Taycan!! The 991/992/911 high initial cost is often recovered at resale time! ( I'm hoping so anyway!! )

I hate EV with a passion but damn this looks good!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RGBARGEE
I hate EV with a passion but damn this looks good!

TX.

They are very nice but what boils my Pees is the cost, £70k plus with an option or two ***.

Reactions: Terminator x

I was thinking "has the car got a big dent on it's right hand side, why are they not showing that side??" then at 3:35 you get to see the right hand side lol.

RS version £130k!

TX.

Only for the RS Carbon Black Vorsprung edition according to the article. RS starts at just under 111k.

Great looking cars and will be interesting to see what filters down to the lower priced ranges in the future.

I'm the biggest hater of EV going but this may "turn me" ;)

TX.

Spent some time in a Taycan Turbo S recently, it's turned me... phenomenal machine, so capable and good fun. Sounds like the GT RS will be very similar. Don't get me wrong, the 5-pot is going nowhere but an EV will be the next family car I think.

Any ideas when the configurator goes live?
Configurator now live

https://www.uk.audi.com/uk/web/en/m...&one-tid=a56a813d-7c7b-573d-bede-bed3d8aa4a3f

I have been looking at EVs recently and have been considering an I Pace but I just couldn't commit. Thought about the E-tron sportback but not sure I am into the SUV thing. Probably why I couldn't go for the I Pace.
I signed up for the updates on the Audi website and got the email Friday saying it was ready to order. I am seriously considering one. I will give them a call Monday. It won't be an RS unfortunately. Standard GT with maybe comfort and sound and tour pack.
Has anyone seen a car in Kemora grey I am liking the look of that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The RS is a great looking car, but I’m not ready to spend £100k+ on a car that depends on charging infrastructure that’s still quite scarce in the uk.

I don't doubt that in the next 5 years, once major manufacturers move into full scale EV production, then EV will be the way to go.
But until then....:racer:

It will suit 90-95% of my driving. My commute to work is 14 miles mostly B roads. I will have a charger at work, where most of the charging will be done and also one at home. If I have to do longer journeys I will still have the RS4. I won't commit to selling that until I know the EV will work for me.
It looks to be a stunning car and unusually the GT is no different shape to the RS GT. Sure it gets different things as standard but not sure the price difference works for me. It won't stop me checking though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: RAF_S7
So, reviews for this are starting to crop up and TG just did an initial video review of the RS. Looks lovely.

One fly in the ointment for me though. The new Taycan Cross Turismo. Entry level 4 (Not a 4s) at 80k and to my eye looks about as perfect as a car can look. Seems like Audi aren't planning a wagon body style for the e-tron GT at the moment which is a shame considering how much more practical and better looking the Cross Turismo is to the standard Taycan.

Come on Audi, build a fast ev wagon - you know it makes sense!

Very good review of the car by Johnny Smith. Lots of information and real world stuff. Milton Keynes and raining . Interesting to hear that the biggest problem he sees is with the charging network. And that is what I have thought all along will be the biggest issue with EV's . If there is a large take up there will be a lag in available infrastructure. Can you imagine what it would be like on a motorway service station in August. The government needs to cancel HS2 and plough that 100 billion pounds into sorting out infrastructure. It will have a far greater impact on enviromental targets and EV takeup doing this .

Last edited:
Reactions: DW81
..Interesting to hear that the biggest problem he sees is with the charging network. And that is what I have thought all along will be the biggest issue with EV's . ..The government needs to cancel HS2 and plough that 100 billion pounds into sorting out infrastructure...

Not sure how much of an issue the charging network is really going to be as it is continuing to improve. For most people, the range is going to be absolutely fine for the vast majority of journeys they do providing they are able to charge at home (although not everybody can). For those journeys that require more charge, the fast charging is what counts here. If you can add 60 miles range in 5 mins, that could be all you need to complete a long distance journey or round trip. The mentality of "filling up" needs to change, just splash and dash and then fully charge at the destination or back at home. If the chargers aren't all hogged by people waiting for the battery to get to 100% then 5 or 10 mins charging should be enough for most.

100% agree about HS2 though, it would be much better to improve the charging infrastructure which will also include investment in the grid and clean energy. With wider acceptance of home working now and more video conferencing, who needs to be travelling to and from London by train on HS2? Surely it is a very small minority that are going to benefit from it.

One final thing I really do like about the e-tron GT and it's sister car, the Taycan, is the focus on the design and quality. All reviews seem to really rate the interior quality and design features and overall build quality equal to ICE cars at the same price point so you aren't just paying for a drive train and autonomous driving technology with a cheap body shell and tacky interior. I don't buy into the self drive features as they stand at the moment. All's well until they decide the driver needs to take over and at 70mph on a motorway the time to regain situational awareness will likely mean an accident occurs whilst the computer records that the "driver was in control".

Reactions: desertstorm
IMO the GT looks similar in overall design to an A5. Not a bad thing but with a starting price of £80K :joycat:

yeah, but with performance in the GT not far off a £70k RS5 Sportback so 80k isn't all that extreme. This is also a flagship model. Q4 will be cheaper and then we'll see EV equivalents in the A3/A4/A6 segments at prices closer to what the average punter will be used to.

I enjoyed this review by Matt Watson (Carwow)

Worth watching....

Reactions: Nitro_CR
Rory Reid has reviewed the e-tron GT RS on the Autotrader YT channel. Really great looking film and car not bad either. He's doing some great work on there at the moment and well worth subscribing.

Not convinced on the colour of the test car and the front design doesn't look quite right to my eyes but nothing compared to some of the monstrosities sitting in a bimmer dealer right now.

Reactions: NevMan
Morning, had my c8 A6 avant in for a service on friday and the dealership had the RS etron GT in the showroom priced at £138,000. Stunning looking car from all angles. The only problem with it is the rear legroom is bad. Getting in and out of the car is hard both for driver and passengers and i am only 5ft 6. On the drivers side when you open the door as you enter seat the air vent at the side is very pointed so you have to be careful not to hit it when entering the car. The salesman agreed with me about it being hard to get in and out of the car. The materials inside the cabin are of a high quality and once in the drivers seat it is a very nice place to be in as everything seems to wrap around you. Also the rear headroom is not good . But if i had the money i would own one just for its looks. In my eyes a stunning looking car.

£138k for a car that has average mileage on a charge is steep. Still can’t get why something with significantly less moving parts is more expensive to make. Yes the batteries are not cheap but at £138k is taking the **** IMO.

£138k for a car that has average mileage on a charge is steep. Still can’t get why something with significantly less moving parts is more expensive to make. Yes the batteries are not cheap but at £138k is taking the **** IMO.
Agreed. I personally think the car is stunning, but that price is supercar money and I know what I'd rather buy...

Reactions: Jcbmally
Not sure how many £138k examples will hit the road, although with the lead times as they are there is a premium on those available. I didn’t pay that for mine.

Best way to think of it is as an EV equivalent of the S6/7 for the GT and RS7 for the RS plus some of your running costs up front.

That said, if you’re fortunate to be able to get one as a company car, the cost of leasing is a fraction of the equivalent ICE.

It’s not the future but whilst the incentives are there, it costs way less to run than my RS7.
65e7be4aa333b17cc0d7e337b7a37602.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally