New 2022 RS3 videos

Riko0073

Reaction score

Reactions: Terminator x, jimojameso and seventeenapg
You lost me at those gimmicky Atari dash displays. Make rev counters great again

Reactions: NevMan, wuta3 and jimojameso
The only thing tempting me to a new RS3 is the wider arches. I think they look amazing, but I think the rear end is too fussy with the plastics. The front is a bit meh, I like the 8V much more generally.

The question will be, can the Haldex/Diff setup from the new RS3 be transplanted into an 8V, because the torque distribution from that setup would be the icing on the cake for me. The 8V on square rubber is just a touch dull into a corner. If it was a llliitttllee bit more tail happy, i'd like it more.

The only thing tempting me to a new RS3 is the wider arches. I think they look amazing, but I think the rear end is too fussy with the plastics. The front is a bit meh, I like the 8V much more generally.

The question will be, can the Haldex/Diff setup from the new RS3 be transplanted into an 8V, because the torque distribution from that setup would be the icing on the cake for me. The 8V on square rubber is just a touch dull into a corner. If it was a llliitttllee bit more tail happy, i'd like it more.

Diff is redesigned and will have software developed for the 8Y chassis.

Can’t imagine transplanting it is at all an easy job.

Maybe you’d prefer a BMW for tail happiness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
3.80 0-62 time according to the YT video.
3 tenths off the old car.
Be interesting to see if it’s faster in the real world.

Probably will be faster in the real world, as they usually quote “conservative” numbers

Reactions: 8YARWY
Is it just me or does it sound meh? Obviously it still has the nice 5 pot sound but those exhaust notes whilst the car was revving in dynamic mode were grim.

Sounds ok to me + static revs is bad in any new car as they are limited to 72 decibels which is the equivalent of a hoover!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

so how do the likes of Aston Martin etc get away with this as their cars still manage to sound great with static revs ?

so how do the likes of Aston Martin etc get away with this as their cars still manage to sound great with static revs ?
No idea! Listen to current 911 turbo, sounds like a wet fart at zero rpm!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I think the new model represents quite a few upgrades tech wise, electronics and mechanical. As far as looks go, it's subjective, and apart from the fake full width plastic at the rear (much better than just the corners like the S3), it looks the part. I think the models shown off have quite a few of the interior options missing as I would be surprised if the interior doesn't feature any alcantara. Full metal paddles at least seem to have been added. Also, since they haven't increased power on this model, it looks more likely there will be a RS+ model in the future (400hp is pretty much more than enough for daily driving anyway). The sound from the exhaust is expected to be quieter with each passing generation, at least the tone is still characterful and unique.

Diff is redesigned and will have software developed for the 8Y chassis.

Can’t imagine transplanting it is at all an easy job.

Maybe you’d prefer a BMW for tail happiness

Well, an M2 has crossed my mind a few times, but i'm not giving up my pre-OPF FL 5 cyl engine note for ANYTHING. It isn't like i'm going sideways on the way to Tesco

Basically the same price as current model with a few options which I think will be standard.

Sounds ok to me + static revs is bad in any new car as they are limited to 72 decibels which is the equivalent of a hoover!
It is a shame now, most of the static rev videos on the newer stuff are so underwhelming, but then am I spoilt with a PFL with sports exhaust? :)

Would probably welcome the slightly less obnoxious cold start of the newer cars, but I would miss the little pop and crackle when blipping the throttle at a stand still.

I'm not a huge fan of constant pops and bangs when driving normally like a lot of people have mapped into their cars, often think it sounds pretty **** when it just does it constantly. I think on my PFL it's the right balance, day to day driving there's nothing really until you shift it to dynamic and do some spirited change downs ;)

Reactions: Jsimba and Terminator x