New 3 piece clutch kit, DMF and transmission oil fitted

Bojan

Reaction score
Firstly, Hi everybody

Recently I bought A6 Avant C6, 2.0tdi 170bhp and it was noticeable that it had DMF issues straight off.

To maybe help someone else diagnose his car's issues; it wasn't calm on idle, it had shakes and random grinding noise whilst idling, which was also noticeable when going from 1st to 2nd gear (that moment of silence), you'd head quite nasty grinding.

Now I've purchased LUK parts, and all has been done last night in the garage.

Today as I picked up the car, I've noticed that there is no grinding noise, car works nice and calm, but one thing that is really noticeable and weird for me is that clutch biting point is quite low.

My question is, should it be that way?

I've done some research and many are saying new clutch can be anywhere from really low (couple centimeters from the floor) all the way to the middle of pedal stroke.

Thank you all in advance!

Firstly, Hi everybody View attachment 249001

Recently I bought A6 Avant C6, 2.0tdi 170bhp and it was noticeable that it had DMF issues straight off.

To maybe help someone else diagnose his car's issues; it wasn't calm on idle, it had shakes and random grinding noise whilst idling, which was also noticeable when going from 1st to 2nd gear (that moment of silence), you'd head quite nasty grinding.

Now I've purchased LUK parts, and all has been done last night in the garage.

Today as I picked up the car, I've noticed that there is no grinding noise, car works nice and calm, but one thing that is really noticeable and weird for me is that clutch biting point is quite low.

My question is, should it be that way?

I've done some research and many are saying new clutch can be anywhere from really low (couple centimeters from the floor) all the way to the middle of pedal stroke.

Thank you all in advance!
I am also have same doubt.