New A3 Ordered!!

leydster

Reaction score
This is my first post and i found the site just googling some questions i had about new car.

On Monday i ordered my new A3 S Line 1.6TDI with comfort pack and advanced key in daytona grey. As of yet still no delivery date but roughly April they are saying. Cant wait!!!

Congratulations!

You better stay away from the forum between now and when your order is locked at the factory as we'll all be suggesting things you could add to your order!

I'll start - how about hold assist and the tyre pressure monitor? V cheap options and give safety and comfort.

Also, did you state you wanted the spare wheel? (If you did?) it's a no cost option I think now rather than being standard.

S Line spec is a great starting point.

Watch some reviews on YouTube. Most say that the standard suspension is best the option. Unless you drive short journeys on really good roads. Or want really firm suspension with 18 inch low profile tyres.

I couldn't find too much on YouTube other than a few short reviews. I think this is going to be a very long wait.

Also I noticed on my order form it said something about no cables chosen but I've seen a few posts on here saying I should be getting either a blue or red cable? Can any of you advise?

That's a quick delivery date; my dealer was quoting 6 months on A3

I work for Toyota and I'm spoiled in the sense that if I order cars for customers I can usually get one 1-2 weeks.

Reactions: warren_S5
Also I noticed on my order form it said something about no cables chosen but I've seen a few posts on here saying I should be getting either a blue or red cable? Can any of you advise?

It depends on what you are wanting to use with it. The red cable is needed to support album artwork and is compatible with most of the newer iPods etc.

The blue cable will work with older iPods although you won't get the album art.

I think you would get the blue as standard with the car if you didn't specify any preference.

I was a raging capture for the salesman cause I just said yeh I'll take it. Should have spent a bit more time I think lol either way it's a nice car and I've driven a few before so shouldn't be an issue. Am I right in saying the standard mmi system can play video aswell or is it only if you go for the upgraded system?

Asked for them but he just said he couldn't but would get me best price. Got just shy of £2000 discount in the car though so it all balances out