New A3 owner, and hopefully another soon!

pat_986

Reaction score
Hi All
I'm Pat from Oxford
The mrs just brought a 2006 A3 1.6 this weekend, and all going well, I should be getting myself a 55 2.0 TDI S-Line quattro in a few weeks!

I have a Pug 206 GTi 180 at the moment, a VW VR6 before that and a Clio 16v before that. Really hoping I can get back into a nice VAG car soon, fed up with French rattle box's now!

I no this isn't the right sections for questions, but thought it might be better than starting two threads (no successful searches)
The new 1.6 the Mrs has brought, has a slight idile problem when starting from cold, and apparently sat at 2k revs for a few secconds on her drive home eirlier.

Is there a cold start sensor, or is it the same as an idile control valve, and does this car have one, or does the MAF do it all???
Basicly, any advise of what to first?

Thanks, and hope to become an active member on here, especially if I get my quattro!
Pat

Hi Pat, :sign_welcome: to the forum!

Welcome to the forum, I'll have to keep a eye out in Oxford

Probs would be best to start a new tread in the 8p section as not so many view this area mate

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, I'll have to keep a eye out in Oxford

Probs would be best to start a new tread in the 8p section as not so many view this area mate
Cheers everyone, Will keep an eye out too Hoggy, sure I would notice your S3, looks tidy. I'm in a red 206 gti180 at the mo

Well, here we are 5 months on from when I thought I was going to get my A3. The day has finaly come and I picked the car up last night. Chuffed to bits.

55 Plate A3 S-line 2.0 tdi quattro SB.
Milage is at 110k, but full ASH so fingers crossed it will be a good one, and think I got it cheap?
Look forward to spending hours on this site, learning all about my new motor!

A3.jpg

Will get some propper pics once its been cleaned!