New A3 Owner

Juan8v

Reaction score
Hello everyone! new here. I bought a used 2016 A3 1.8t(S-Line) and its been awesome so far. i have some questions. So my gas cap says 87 reg, but i thought all turbo cars should be on premium. The handbook says for the car to perform its best it needs 91 octane. HOWEVER. In my area there is absolutely no 91 octane lol. All stations are 93 octane. Would it be okay to use 93 octane? Ive only filled it once and i used 87 reg just because I didnt know. Any help appreciated it. Thanks and nice to meet you all. ill post this with a picture.
Juan8V

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Welcome to audi-sport.net

Reactions: Juan8v
Hello everyone! new here. I bought a used 2016 A3 1.8t(S-Line) and its been awesome so far. i have some questions. So my gas cap says 87 reg, but i thought all turbo cars should be on premium. The handbook says for the car to perform its best it needs 91 octane. HOWEVER. In my area there is absolutely no 91 octane lol. All stations are 93 octane. Would it be okay to use 93 octane? Ive only filled it once and i used 87 reg just because I didnt know. Any help appreciated it. Thanks and nice to meet you all. ill post this with a picture. View attachment 242990
Hiya. Nice wheels (my favourite ones) :)
The higher the octane the better. The only issue you could have is in using lower octane.

It's a bit like playing games on a PC where the game devs give both a minimum and a recommended PC spec.
If you have a better spec than recommended then the game will run better.
If it's lower than the minimum then the game will likely stutter and struggle to perform.