New A3 wheel design

Joxh

Reaction score
Just been on the Audi configuration and just seen these new wheels. Anyone know what the code is for these beauties? Thanks

Attachments

• wheels.png
    wheels.png
    551.6 KB · Views: 343
They look very familair. Had a quick google but couldn’t see but I feel like they’ve been on a VW Golf’ recently.

Beauty, is in the eye of the beholder and my eye struggles with that design :blink:

Reactions: Schizophonic, loftylad, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Look very similar to the RS5 alloys to me

Reactions: Audi Bairn, oli356 and Joxh
I much prefer these.... Beautiful wheels!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181005-011227.jpg
    Screenshot_20181005-011227.jpg
    640.8 KB · Views: 225
Reactions: Schizophonic, Fatbloke and Pinky1959
Just been on the Audi configuration and just seen these new wheels. Anyone know what the code is for these beauties? Thanks

No likely personally. Also, another design that goes “forwards” on one side of the car and “backwards” on the other.

Reactions: Rolly12, loftylad and Joxh
That's what I thougt.

View attachment 167664

is there even a difference...?

Easy to clean I suppose as not much of them!

Damn I would be p!ssed as a RS5 owner if my stock wheels were also used on the A3 :boxing: But maybe that's just me...

Reactions: oli356, Audi Bairn, NevMan and 1 other person
No likely personally. Also, another design that goes “forwards” on one side of the car and “backwards” on the other.

Nasty looking wheels.

And, yes, unless they’re “handed” they’ll look even worse on the other side. (Unless it’s reversing.lol)

Remember the Xr3i “dogleg” alloys from back in the day? Same thing. Used to do my OCD bulb in! Haha

As an aside, a friend of mine has a B*W i3, and it has 4 completely different alloys! The wheels are both “handed” and also it has different size front and rears!

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Damn I would be p!ssed as a RS5 owner if my stock wheels were also used on the A3 :boxing: But maybe that's just me...

It’s something that annoyed me when I got my S5 with the Rotor wheels on.
Audi then put them on numerous models and specs right across the entire range!
Rotors were ‘handed’ too but a bit less noticeable.

They look very familair. Had a quick google but couldn’t see but I feel like they’ve been on a VW Golf’ recently.

Yup ! They are the same design wheels (or very very similar) to a MK7 Golf that sits on a driveway round the corner from me.

Audi used to be the best at Alloy wheel design. In recent years, they've been some of the worst. The RS3 Saloon wheels are awful. So are the recent S/RS4 & 5 wheels.

Their exterior design has taken a backward step (for me) in recent years too. All Boxy and straight lines everywhere. There is not one Audi currently on sale today, apart from the A3 Saloon, that I think is actually a good looking car. Maybe the TT is better now than previous versions, but all the rest are worse looking.

Last edited:
Reactions: Audi Bairn, maxpayne, NevMan and 1 other person
No idea, but your avatar is making me feel old lol :D I remember I met my wife 8 days after my 20th birthday....I'm now 47 but still feel 20!!! :(:p

Reactions: Joxh
Went to drop my car off at the dealership and saw a new A3 Saloon Black edition with these wheels on. Guessing they're now the standard wheels for the black edition
20181030 080452

Reactions: TYb and NevMan
Not sure if they suit the car / colour ... I do quite like the alloys though. Wonder how RS5 owners feel about it.

Reactions: Joxh
Not sure if they suit the car / colour ... I do quite like the alloys though. Wonder how RS5 owners feel about it.
I'm sure a black or grey car would suit the wheels better. I can imagine RS5 owners are upset

Reactions: NevMan
I'm sure a black or grey car would suit the wheels better. I can imagine RS5 owners are upset

I doubt they are TBH. They're an awful wheel design, and probably only ticked on the option box as they are bigger than standard (which look awful too)

Besides, anyone with any kind of recent RS model will be used to seeing 1.6TDI's running around on the Rota's

Reactions: NevMan
Yeah the rotors have been done to death now and you see them everywhere on all sorts of cars and all sizes.
They seem to make small tweaks to the design now and again. Current s3 BE they embossed Quattro on the wheel between the spokes otherwise they are rotors. Now they paint bits here and there but it still looks like a rotor(in this case not paint bits)