New A4 (B8) pics. Do people even have 56k Internet any more?

golf

***** rent boy
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
jxl.co.uk
The new A4 has been unveiled. I was underwhelmed at first but the 3.2 looks lovely.

* Details on the new Audi A4
* 4.7 meters long, 1.83 meters wide
* .27 coeffcient of drag
* Base engine is 1.8L TFSI producing 160 hp
* 3.2L V6 FSI available producing 262 hp
* 2.0, 2.7 and 3.0L diesels available
* Six standard airbags
* Interior similar to A5

Here are the pics:

a4.jpg

A4_MOTORAUTHORITY_2.jpg

A4_MOTORAUTHORITY_1.jpg

72855700pk8.jpg

72857700kf8.jpg

72851700gf1.jpg

72853700xc1.jpg

Looks good - Love the front lights!!! but i think it looks similar to the new BMW 3series from the back.

B8 here I come !

(It was time to sell my wife's MB W203 C-Class anyway).

DIA said:
Looks good - Love the front lights!!! but i think it looks similar to the new BMW 3series from the back.

I thought exactly the same about the exterior styling being simular to the BMW 3 series. Still a nice looking car though.

Below is a pic of the interior that I came accross on www.navplus.us this morning:

A4_MOTORAUTHORITY_3.jpg

Very nice indeed. I think you're right about being under-whelmed though for the standard range. The sport models however look fine.

A more aggressive bodykit would be nice though.

I thought the rear lights looked a little like an Alfa's (!) WTF !

Having said that I wonder how much they'll be, especially the fancy LED lights.

Does look good in Ibis White though. Was wondering if it could pull it off. Small white cars look great, but large cars can be a bit OTT?

AM having mine MoT'd at Audi on Saturday so will make enquiries re prices/line up/delivery etc...

Looks ok but imo the new merc C-class is the nicest out of the current "junior exec" class motors.

Saw an S5/A5 a couple of months ago in the night time and I have to say I thought the LED running lights looked a bit tacky in real life.

DIA said:

ill second that mate

stoakseya4 said:
AM having mine MoT'd at Audi on Saturday so will make enquiries re prices/line up/delivery etc...

Hi Carl,

How's things!

When your car is in for its MOT mate, from a detailing point of view, remember to let them know that you don't want the car to be washed!

Was saying elsewhere that the new shape looks great but I still don't think the RS4 and RS6 alloys can be beaten. And if only they promod with a black car. As usual, the interior is second to none.

Hope the MOT goes ok.

JOHN:icon_thumright:

I'm a little underwhelmed to be honest - but that's probably the effect that the audi designers wanted in order to keep their 'understated' image. However, the back is poor I think...the rear lights look like a cross-over between a Ford S-Max and a New Mondeo, as do the grill vents on the front. Even my wife says the back end is too 'square'. I hope that they don't have the non-painted sills on the base model as that wouldn't work at all.

I wonder what the space is like inside? They seem to have got rid of that horrendous problem with the handrake and armrest. Though the vents and swooping dash seem a little too 'different' as does the strange join between the centre console and the dash...not sure about that at all...:faint:

As per the B7 model, the front end works but the back end dosent. Just like the BMW 3-series too mind you, the rear end of the saloon model looks aweful, thank god the coupe's rear end was improved! Looks a lot better kitted up, which is a shame really, not since the B6 has the car looked good in just standard trim. I drove an A6 that had the electric handbrake a few months ago, was a little weird at 1st but got used to it. Only worry I had is because its electric its another thing to go wrong!!

Any idea when the B8 is likely to be launched? It doesn't seem 5 minutes since the B7 and I thought Audi normally had around a 6 year life for their new models with a facelift after around 3.

Mike

looks good. I'm sure it'll look lovely in the flesh.

could you imagine getting a ding in that door crease though?

Mikebabs1 said:
Any idea when the B8 is likely to be launched? It doesn't seem 5 minutes since the B7 and I thought Audi normally had around a 6 year life for their new models with a facelift after around 3.

It should be in dealers very soon, it's going to be officially unveiled in a week or so at Frankfurt, and UK dealers are taking orders from 11th September. I'm thinking of upgrading my B6 next year for a 2.0T S line B8.