New A6 2016 sat nav

bennymac

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I've just had a new A6 3.0 tdi s-line Quattro delivered as my company car and I absolutely love the car apart from the dreadful sat nav.
Coming from a C350 cdi I knew I was going to have to get used to less power but the sat nav and car phone system is spoiling the experience for me.
The navigation has frozen twice on start up but Audi cant find any fault, unfortunately the system is not as good as my wife's a3 as she has the mmi with wifi hotspot etc.
My question is can this be upgraded to a wider screen with the hdd function ?

I've had mine brand new since Saturday and facing similar problems! The Bluetooth system has a habit of turning itself off, it's frozen whilst trying to answer calls and stayed like that overnight, and when I turned the car on in the morning it carried on! Going back on Saturday for the system to be checked out!

I've found quotes for retrofit of the upgraded system and its coming out at £3.5k approximately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you for sharing your information if you need my details let me know for when you complain to audi

Reactions: GRE57Y
Will do! I'm off to Ipswich Audi first thing... Let's see what happens!

So after a visit to Audi Ipswich today, the Master Tech confirmed the fault and agreed their is a problem, and having spoken to Audi they are working on a solution to resolve. I was also told the fix/update should only be a couple of weeks away. I think a phone call to customer service is due on Monday... Ipswich Audi have been great though

Hi

Has anybody had any fixes for A6 sat nav issues. I have had mine 2 weeks and the sat nav has already locked up on starting up. Since then it has lost all the address details I had stored as favorites. The name for each favorite is still there but when I try to add an address it puts the same address details in all my stored favorites. Like Bennymac, I am a bit disappointed with the Audi nav all round. I had a Volvo before and the nav system was far better (and you received 2 updates a year for free, for life). This was on a car that cost £12k less than the Audi.

Mine has been in twice and they can't find any faults.
The performance is so bad I have complained to Audi.
It's not just the sat Nav in mine, the Bluetooth keeps disconnecting and the telephone won't reconnect.
I started using my iPhone for sat Nav which plays through the car and I thought that was great until I closed the navigation screen. Every time there is a directional cue the screen opens and fold away !! It's hilarious if it wasn't such an expensive car !

My Bluetooth keeps disconnecting from my Galaxy S7 Edge. Not sure if it's the phone or the car at fault.

Hi guys
I finally managed to get mine into a different dealership this week and I gave them the list of faults I am finding with the overall system.
They told me Audi has a software update called a tool which is unfortunately on backorder ... its supposedly a one time use sim card specific to my vehicle which will resolve everything ... I'm booked in for the middle of November for the upgrade so I will report back and share whether this is a miraculous cure or not !

Reactions: fingermouse
I thought I would just post a wee update. my car had the software update but its really still awful. I've resigned myself now to living with it as its clearly an inferior system. I cant even use the digital radio because it jumps from DAB to FM every few seconds .... dreadful system in my opinion,

My one keeps locking up playing music from the SD card. It is also painfully slow using the Satnav when entering details. You have to wait an age after entering every character for it to register. It has also said a couple of times my SD card for the Nav is not inserted when it was...

What software version do you have now Bennymac? I have my 1st service due in a month or so.

Thanks
Andy

I honestly don't know Andy, my car is 7 months old and this software update was ordered from Germany and installed in October. Absolutely shocking system.