New A6 40TDI Avant

Spirited drive home in the S5. Good fun but might be nice to have a diesel again in some ways!
20190108 172021

Reactions: DaveW
I've been a bit disappointed with my consumption, struggling to get low 40s around town. Only done 700 miles so I suppose it'll loosen up.
I did a short trip last week, 6-7 miles from cold, but still managed to get 59.3 mpg. Couldn't quite get it into the 60's, that's a challenge I'll have to wait for the warmer weather I expect. That said, I have found I have to consciously "drive efficiently" to regularly get 50+. If I drive normally, and that is, without thinking about it, I get mid 40's. Haven't really had the opportunity to have a real spirited drive, plus also waiting to get a good 1500 miles before doing that, so will see what the mpg is like for that...

Reactions: DaveW
Good to know what can be achieved, I’ve found flooring it and subsequenrly coasting delivers similar redials, I do have a saloon though, you are carrying around a bit of an ****!

Hit 60mpg without even trying on a shortish run just now, even had the A/C on in Eco mode.

Reactions: Simonwhite2000