New A6 Options - Lease/PCP/Purchase

craigomills

Reaction score
Coming out of my company car scheme and my A4 Avant, hoping to get into an a6 Avant - complete noob when it comes to the deals available as have been a company car driver for sooo long!

Wondering what kind of deals I can expect on an S-line A6 Quattro Avant and whether its better to PCP or lease or even purchase one probably a year old etc...

Looking at £500-600 per month...

Hi there,

I would advise having a look on broker sites such as Drivethedeal, coast2coast, and CarWow as they often have heavy discounts and allow competing dealerships to compete with quotes giving you a decent discount. I got 18% off list price on my A6 Avant through CarWow. I’m paying around £400pm but I did put down a £10k deposit, so 5-600 sounds quite realistic.

Personally I think leasing only makes sense if you are able to recover the VAT component, otherwise I would go with PCP, if only because it gives you the option buying the car at the end of the period. Also if you use Audi for your finance (still possible if you buy through Drive the deal and CarWow) you are currently getting £6k deposit contribution plus whatever additional discount you can negotiate.

I recently bought a MY2020 A6 Avant Black Edition for £35k through drivethedeal. DTD put in touch with Grimsby Audi who factory ordered the car. The dealer messed up my order (forgot to include Tech pack) so it wasn't a great experience. But that aside, i made quite a saving as my local dealer (Highland Audi) were able to offer me the same car for £39k. Audi Finance contributed £6k towards the cost.

Btw I also came from an A4 Avant (B9) and love the upgrade to the A6 Avant C8 :)

For me when I got my car in October last year, a lease was by far the best value.

A6 Avant Metallic S-Line Tech Pack £385pm with £2k deposit over a 3 year term

The lease also includes free tax for the duration, but I opted out of maintenance and gap.

PCP inc the Audi discounts were coming in at £450pm with £5k deposit so a big saving going lease at the time.

I think as the others have said it all depends what is on offer at the time.

I took delivery last week of an A6 S Line 40 TDI which I got for £307 pm on a 2 year lease with only 1 month payment upfront.

Hi Guys!
I've just received a PCP deal and wondering what do you think about it, does it sound about right to you? It's for an Audi A6 Avant 40 TDI S Tronic Black Edition Tech pack + sunroof + comfort and sound pack, for 3 years and 10.000miles/year, £40760 for PCP offer. Deposit will be £12000 (£1000 cash + my current car as px valued at £11000), £430/month and GMFV of £17005. Most likely I will keep the car after 3 years and pay the final balloon by doing another loan with a bank if the interest rate is good. What do you think about this PCP offer?

I would explore leasing as well via leasing.com and leaseloco. There has been some silly deals on the A6 in the past but at the moment not so much Depends what you view as a good deal. All the support for leasing is on the A4 at the moment.
My wifes A6 40tdi S line Tech Pack is on lease for 2 years at 10k miles and is 311 a month

So the time has come, my A4 B9 company car is ending in November (6 months earlier than expected) so I am frantically trying to find the best lease deal for a 50tdi Black Edition with Tech pack and tow bar. Had a few quotes around the 550-650 mark. Think I'm settled on Daytona Grey. Just hope I can get one in time! if anyone sees any good deals please let me know :icon thumright: if anyone has any good pics of a similar car that would be great !

So the time has come, my A4 B9 company car is ending in November (6 months earlier than expected) so I am frantically trying to find the best lease deal for a 50tdi Black Edition with Tech pack and tow bar. Had a few quotes around the 550-650 mark. Think I'm settled on Daytona Grey. Just hope I can get one in time! if anyone sees any good deals please let me know :icon thumright: if anyone has any good pics of a similar car that would be great !
Sounds like my ideal car, good luck with your search and looking forward to seeing if someone has any pics.

looking at a 4 year lease now on a 40 tdi Quattro BE - standard warrant is obviously 3 years - any suggestions on how to cover that final year so Im covered - or is it not worth it as long as the car is maintained to Audi standard?

looking at a 4 year lease now on a 40 tdi Quattro BE - standard warrant is obviously 3 years - any suggestions on how to cover that final year so Im covered - or is it not worth it as long as the car is maintained to Audi standard?
I wouldn't worry too much about any potential issues in the 4th year. Any issues are far more likely in the first 3 years of ownership, ie when the car is still under warranty.

Btw the 40 TDI Quattro is a superb engine choice. I have this in a Black Edition Avant and couldn't be happier. The engine is extremely refined & very quiet, you'd think you were driving a petrol car lol. IMHO the 40 TDI is a good balance between power and fuel economy :)

Reactions: craigomills
Cheers mate - I have just ordered a 40 TDI Quattro BE in Daytona Grey with tech pack and tow bar. Looking forward to it now, gutted its going to take ages before delivery!