New A7 review 4 months in....disappointing.

Hello guys ! I m getting a 2018 55TFSI with 38k km in a few days and i want to know if the software problems had been solved with the latest software updates . Thanks !
My 2018 50 didn’t have any issues before I handed it back in May.

Think I’ve just been talked out of getting an A7!!
I have two pet hates:
1. Rattles in the car
2. Unresponsive gearbox

A6 May be next on the list!

Think I’ve just been talked out of getting an A7!!
I have two pet hates:
1. Rattles in the car
2. Unresponsive gearbox

A6 May be next on the list!
The C8‘s A6 & S7 are pretty much the same platform, with the same issues, though I believe the gearbox issue has been resolved with a software upgrade.

I’m sticking with my C7.5 for a reason :racer:

This is my third A7 (61, 15 plates) and had it for 10 months and 30k miles. Its a business car and I ran the others for 140k plus miles, and just get the non quattro as it does fine on the motorways (Co2 BIK tax puts me off!). Not read everything in this thread but this one does have more issues than the other, my points:
  1. Worst thing the lag - I've been stranded joining busy roundabouts, with the nose sitting in the outside lane.
  2. Boot lid dribble - when it rains and you open the boot lid, two streams of water run into the edge channels of the body (spoiler area i think). When its windy it blows into the boot area.
  3. Boot lid clunk - sometimes bangs and creaks when opening
  4. Random seat setting - driver seat moves fully back rather than finding your setting
  5. Rattles - not terrible but mine comes from the console
As other have said, the dash and some of the gadgets are great and really work. Love carplay, sat nav is fine and the heated non spraying wipers are much better. I have its second service soon, will see what the dealer says
i have the 2019 A7 S-line and my only complaint is the rattles, even after taking it in to Audi N Scottsdale...say they cant find it but it is so clear on the Bang/Olufsen bass (sometimes sounds like blown speaker) and when not playing any music it has annoying rattle sounds that should not be happening.
Just bought a new E Tron GT and VERY disappointed to be experiencing the exact same thing....$125K and this should not be the case. has anyone had success with dealerships fixing these issues....as this forum illustrates, it is a common problem they should not be ignoring as "could not replicate".