New Addition 3.2 Dsg Misano Red Tt

T

T-800

Been looking for a second car as the missus has changed jobs, so we decided the RS 3 would stay in the garage and we would get a TT as a daily driver so to speak.

Managed to find this Misano Red 3.2 DSG quattro with 45,000 miles on the clock !

It needs a few minor jobs doing, nothing too major though.

so far since collection i've

Replaced both rear springs (no surprise there then)

Replaced Pendulum / Dogbone mount

Replaced screws/bolts in engine undertray/splashgaurd

Jobs to do......

Rear brake discs & pads

DSG gearbox oil & filter change

Throttlebody clean & re-align

Front brake discs & pads

Haldex earth strap

and i'm sure I'll find other things to fix as i go.......

I'll also be getting a spare set of alloys for winter tyres

4E15F7F9-0FC2-4415-82B7-17A6D077BA0C.jpg

F0D248F4-9585-438D-9C56-1586FCD2D6DF.jpg

Reactions: 45bvtc and Sandra
Very tidy indeed Sean. I hope you enjoy it. :)x

Reactions: 45bvtc and T-800
A Misano duo photo is needed here...

Reactions: Sandra and T-800
The Misano twins ha ha !!!

c4ac5dc7-6d20-462b-93ac-e65afe4749da.jpg

Reactions: V6 Quatt, discostu49, 45bvtc and 1 other person
Quality pic Sean. :) x

Reactions: T-800
Nice I've always fancied a 3.2 tt as a second car, how do you find it ? Not a lot of people rate the 3.2 engine, I think it's one of the greatest engines next to the 2.5 turbo and the 3.0 v6 supercharged. Looks good in red

Thanks.

I was going to go originally for a 225 or quattro sport, however didn't fancy the 1.8 four pot and I wanted something different as I nearly once bought an R 32 but it never happened, so this was a perfect opportunity to go for the 3.2.

I really like it..... Ok it's not RS 3 quick but the ****** noise that 6 cylinder unit makes is fab and quite addictive.

I will say though if you buy a good one and are prepared to invest time and some money into it then I think this is a future classic, it just looks so good even today!

I actually find that putting the DSG into manual mode suits the character of the car better and it's great to be able to use D mode when pottering about.

Fuel wise I find it actually pretty good for the size of the engine.

Reactions: discostu49
Update

Jobs now completed

DSG oil & filter change done ( nothing untoward came out with the old oil ) very straightforward procedure.....

MAF replaced ( precautionary more than anything ) especially for £60 for an original Bosch part.

Haldex earth strap replaced

Throttle body cleaned and re-aligned ( to be honest it wasn't that dirty )

Something that is probably missed a lot is power steering fluid top up, when I opened the reservoir it was below min level so it was topped up straight away, does make a difference.

Repaired the headlamp automatic levelling sensor, it's attached to the top of the rear near side wish bone, on mine the pivoting plastic arm had snapped where it is connected to the mini drop link bar, some very strong glue soon sorted this out.

I also purchased some Fertan rust killer spray (upon 45bvtc's recommendation, nice one John) I'll be using this to protect the more vulnerable areas under the TT...... Remember this is a future classic of that I'm certain.

On the brakes I've had very good prices from TPS for original Audi front discs (semi floating type) and the rear discs so these are the next job.

The Sony stereo that the previous owner had fitted is going soon as the other half wants one with Bluetooth capability, plus the large volume knob stops you using the TT pull down cover..... I have to either keep taking the face off or excuse my French...... Pulling the knob off. :tan: