New Album from The Who

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Was listening to a review of this on the radio tonight. Their first new recorded material since 1983, apparently, it's one part of a mini-opera to be released later in the year, which the reviewr described as being "a bit like Tommy".

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000GG493C/026-9267747-5336456?v=glance&n=229816

The excerpts he played sounded pretty good, but then he spoiled it when he began talking about the line-up (which includes Zak Starkey and Rabbit Bundrick). Referring to the death of original members, he described John Entwistle as the guy who had earlier replaced Keith Moon.

I know there's no point in shouting "**** off!" at a car radio, but I did it anyway.....very loudly.

I seen them at T in the Park, good but not the same without Big John. My Generation was a poor mans attempt at his mental bass lines. Townshend and Daltrey can still do it though. Will be interesting to see how this turns out.

beaker said:
My Generation was a poor mans attempt at his mental bass lines.

JE was a rare breed (similar calibre to geezer Butler etc).

never really been into the who apart from the obvious hits.

have started listening to some of their old albums and its class stuff like. will look out for their new one.