New Audi £99 Service

Xmay4444

On Point!!
Reaction score
For those of you who are on Audi's variable service, be warned. If you go for the £99 or £199 service, you will be put on onto the yearly service schedule.
I took mine in and was asked if I wanted to have the £99 service, I said yes.
What they failed to tell me, (they dispute this by the way), was that my service schedule would be changed.
Thats fine if you want to be on the yearly service schedule but I like the variable schedule.

Anyway I kicked up and it's going back to have it put back to what it was before.

Problem is that the £99 service probably puts in normal oil, so you will have to pay £60 to get the longlife oil or else the car will say you need a service soon anyway or you risk getting the sludge if you do more miles than a normal service recommends

I had the £199 service and I have 2 years and 20000 miles to go till next service !!!

I'm gonna have my oil and filter changed so that i get the fully synthetic back in it.

This didn't happen with my motor. York Audi put the correct oil in etc. If I were you I'd complain to Audi UK. York did everything needed for AVS with out a hint of setting anything to yearly.

I had a full £199 service at Leicester Audi. For this price they were going to put it on a yearly service. I contacted Audi UK to get confirmation and check if it covers AVS service.

Audi UK confirmed via email that this price covers AVS vehicles and this is for both the £99 and £199 service.

Leicester Audi still insisted this price does not cover AVS vehicles even though I showed them the email so I contacted Audi UK and they phoned the dealer to confirm all cars are covered.

Email from Audi UK -

Dear Mr Chauhan

Thank you for your email dated 24 March in reference to servicing your Audi A4.

The service prices do include vehicles that are on the variable servicing regime. Your local Audi Centre will be happy to answer any questions you may have and can book your vehicle in. Based on your postcode, the following Audi Centre is within two miles of your location.

Leicester Audi
1 Blackbird Road
Leicester
Leicestershire
LE4 0AH
Tel: 0116 242 1300

You can also find a list of all the Audi Centres in the UK at www.audi.co.uk. Please ask to speak the Service Department who will be happy to help.

Kind regards

Ian Tinsley

Audi Information Centre
Telephone: 0800 699888 (Ext 63168)
Fax: 0113 3932585
E mail: Ian.Tinsley-Booth@audi.co.uk

Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited

Registered Office: Yeomans Drive, Blakelands, Milton Keynes, MK14 5AN Registered in England No: 514809.

I hope this helps.

Well, from now on I will be using Volkservice in Blackpool anyways to do my variable servicing....and any other repairs. An excellent garage that employs people who certainly know their stuff.
Todate, I have had just about everything done at Audi main dealers , but considering my car is a Nov 2003 car and main dealers hourly rates (approx £100/hour) are laughable, then its forcing me down the independent route anyways...

I phoned my local dealer in Slough to get a price on a service for my S4 cab @ 19k... was told by the very helpful lady, due to the mileage they would do it for £199inc that included oil, filter and pollen filters - not air filter for some odd reason. I can fit that myself I thought. Had to check dates they had supplied so phoned back a few days later...

Was then told the cost would be £522inc:scared2: their justification was that £199 was not for the S4 (even though they had had the reg number and checked previously) there was more to do I was told. The oil service would be £138 and then fitting air & pollen filters, there is alot to check as well allegedly... what £384 worth?. I asked them to check this was a car at 19k and they were insistant this was correct!

I said I will use and indy and he said "what ever" - nice attitude.

I pay £99 to VW to do a basic service on my TDi Passat then the cost of the pollen and air filter about £30, engine is twice the size in the S4 so I would expect double I suppose but not an eye watering £522 they are having a giraffe.

An indy (Fontain) will do it for £199inc, where are Audi getting these prices from?

Rant mode off!

Thanks guys,
I will contact Audi UK, as Camberley Audi said that this is not the case and quoted £284 for my variable service.
GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!:mad:

Thanks guys,
I will contact Audi UK, as Camberley Audi said that this is not the case and quoted £284 for my variable service.
GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!:mad:

did the same to me, so i told them where to stick it and go to storm developments.

IMHO Audi Main Dealers are only "really" interested in doing anything up to cars up to 3 years old when the manufacturers warranty runs out....
Prime customers must be those with Company/Lease cars which means Audi can rip them right off....
Owners of ANY B6 now will never get a decent deal where the Audi Main Dealer hourly rates are £100/hour.....

IMHO Audi Main Dealer £99 service = you gets what you pay for !

TBH I wouldn't run a Turbo car on AVS as the oil can wear out before it gets into be serviced again. If you intend to keep it, then i would swap over anyway, if you only keep cars a short while then AVS will get you by and the new owner can deal with the sludge issues i spose. All in MY opinion of course.

Yes but let be honest/realistic here. The sludge issue happens when different/wrong grades of oil get used in each service.

All our fleet VAG cars at work both the tdis and the tfsis have run upto 120K miles on AVS with no problems what so ever.

Avs works by taking driving style into account and an oil sensor in the sump to tell how dirty it is, the harder the car is driven and the dirtier the oil gets the faster the vehiclewill be due a service. The only way you'll get sludge issues is if you use crap oil. Vehicles taking part in the audi service offer should be left on the same schedule they are on and use avs oil, dealers aren't too happy with this due to the cost of the oil there really isn't much profit. Also I'm not sure about other dealers but ours gives a reduced labour rate for older cars. What you have to remember is that audi dealers are a franchise and it's the crap ones that give a bad name for the rest.

I was told by one dealer that if the car is over 3 yrs old then there is a reduced labour rate from £110 down to £65 p/hour.

Mine's on variable servicing but I always change the oil half way through (approx 9k) myself just to be on the safe side.

Thanks to all of you who have replied, that's what makes this site so good.

Right, I just gave Audi UK a buzz to complain, and they say they will get back to me by the morning.
I dont think that I should have to pay any money towards this f*ck up, (they actually asked me to pay the difference! of the £284-99), even though I did a brake fliud change and one coil pack to boot.

I have already said that I want my oil and filter changed to get me back to the AVS and call me picky but I'm gonna mark my filter with a UV pen to see if they actually change it or just do the oil.:ninja:

My old 2001 A4 was run on AVS from new up to 80,000mls with no issues whatsoever, not even a coilpack went, so I'm thinking that mapping can cause the issues some of you guys have with coil packs.

Anyway will keep you all posted.
Many thanks again

Personally i wouldnt want the oil in there for any more than 10k regardless of how you drive it.

Manufacturers service intervals are there to get the car thru its warranty period and look as attractive as possible to potential buyers. They dont actually care if it means the engines are at deaths door by the end of the warranty period, if it lasts too long you wont buy another one...

You'd have to be completely mental to pay someone £200 to change your oil, even £100 is steep. At trade prices its about 40-50quids worth of parts for a gallon of oil, and all filters, and thats assuming they use top brand oil like mobil1 or whatever, and with ramps etc, its about 15mins labour.

My oil gets changed every 5-6k, by myself, and going by the state of it at that point i certainly wouldnt want it to be in there another 5k never mind 15.