Q5 New Audi Q5 purchase - Sat Nav not enabled

ABS2788

Reaction score
As title

Just bought a q5 and when trying to use sat Nav to get home, it says sat Nav not enabled.
I YouTube the hard reset. This worked but then when switching between I.e media and back to Nav, message appears again.
Any suggestions?

If you have the latest model of the Q5 I would have thought the smartphone interface was included in the car. Depending on what phone you have you could use Google maps or Waze. I tend to do this with my A4.

It’s a 2015 model so I believe is the 3G version.

Have you tried the MyAudi App - it maybe case that the annual subscription has expired?

Just rang Audi as can't seem to get to the bottom of this and they want £120 to just investigate and book the car in? Does that seem right?

MMI3G has navigation by default. If it’s not enabled then I would suggest that activations on the unit are not correct following an update. If you purchased this used approved from a dealership then have them sort the issue, if private or from a 3rd party dealership then I bet someone tried to update the system and failed. I see loads of these.

MMI3G has navigation by default. If it’s not enabled then I would suggest that activations on the unit are not correct following an update. If you purchased this used approved from a dealership then have them sort the issue, if private or from a 3rd party dealership then I bet someone tried to update the system and failed. I see loads of these.
What’s the solution to these. It was from a 3rd party dealership. I can see the sd card slots are empty so should there be one for the sat Nav?
If not then how do I go about activating it etc?
Thanks

What’s the solution to these. It was from a 3rd party dealership. I can see the sd card slots are empty so should there be one for the sat Nav?
If not then how do I go about activating it etc?
Thanks
I would need. Ore information about the media system to be honest. If you can attach a photo of your version information screen that would help.

I would need. Ore information about the media system to be honest. If you can attach a photo of your version information screen that would help.

Attachments

• 1647A546-7E0D-4CD8-9AC5-6D5BC637F26C.jpeg
    1647A546-7E0D-4CD8-9AC5-6D5BC637F26C.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 108
Based on that screen you have MMI3GPlus. Willing to bet that someone has tried updated this using unofficial firmware and then could not work o out how to activate the features. Where are you based?

Based on that screen you have MMI3GPlus. Willing to bet that someone has tried updated this using unofficial firmware and then could not work o out how to activate the features. Where are you based?
Based in Bradford, west yorkshire

is it something I need to purchase additional? Like an sd card loaded with Nav or is it something I can do?

Based in Bradford, west yorkshire

is it something I need to purchase additional? Like an sd card loaded with Nav or is it something I can do?
Potentially this is something which you could do yourself however if someone has already tired and failed, which might be the case here, then you might make the situation worse.I potentially have someone in your region that could sort this. Will speak with him tomorrow.

Potentially this is something which you could do yourself however if someone has already tired and failed, which might be the case here, then you might make the situation worse.I potentially have someone in your region that could sort this. Will speak with him tomorrow.
If you can that would be great. Please let me know. Thanks for your help with this

Hi pal. Did you manage to find out any info regards to this issue? Thanks