new audi tt

B

bainsyboy

pictures in this wks auto express, not sure i like it what do you think?

Yeah, the pictures make it look more like an A4 coupe than a MKII TT. Not sold on it, but as always these early 'disguised' shots are usually a little wayward.

audi-tt-new.gif

Is it like that?

hmm, agree with the above, looks like an A4 roadster to me..

could this possibly why they have delayed launching an A4 coupe....? Just a thought, but the two would be similar in size, although obviously aimed at different sectors.... just an idea.

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like an A4 coupe have to agree....what are Audi doing? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I did actually think they was bringing out an A4 coupe on the B7 platform, called A5 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

japper, cheers for that i would never have known how to post pics on here, i orginally saw a picture on here and thought that the new tt looked tasty and was looking at getting one when they came out but after seeing it in the auto express think i might stick with my old shape one for a bit

No problem. And don't take these pics as gospel. I have every confidence the next TT will not look this mainsteam. Audi would be crazy to alienate such a large portion of it's customer base.

Interesting photos... I saw the headline on the front-cover in a Texaco but had left before I realised what I'd read and took a look - doh!

I'm not sure I'm too struck on it (from what you can see) - and maybe, like others have said, it isn't the ideal followup for the target-audience. Still; (IMHO) most of the latest revisions of the Audi family have been 'growers' - I wasn't majorly head-over-heels with any of them at first; but now I'm a big fan; although I might've made some alterations to the A3 Sportback and possibly grafted some tail-lights more like those on the A8 or even B7 A4/A3 Sportback onto the new A6.

Maybe this 'grow' in appreciation is something deep in my subconscious though; when I was all of 14 in '96(?), Preston Audi took my dad and I to the cinema along with the rest of their recent customers to celebrate the launch of the A3. Afterwards, when we got outside to have a look around them, my first reaction was that I thought it the least attractive Audi I'd ever seen - and what turned out to be my very first car? (which I've been totally nuts about since about 6 months before I bought it!). Maybe I should get my head read?

...Having said all of that though, I can't help but wonder about the reliability of any of the photos in AutoExpress - they could always be the next in an extremely long line of photoshop efforts that have been exposed here and elsewhere on t'internet... I know a couple of the guys on some other Dennis magazines; might be worth seeing if I can get a spy in their filing cabinetsto get the full story on what they know!!!

Regards,

Rob.

hmmmm.. i like it, just imagine that with a 4.2 v8 twin turbo'd monster in it. move over m3 im coming through....

First I thought it could be the A5 because I thought I heard that Audi was launching a model to rival the 6-series.

I wouldn't take these pictures as gospel especially having seen photos that look almost nothing like the models we see today (2003-2004 A3 - and (b6) A4).

Yep I read recently that there will be a new A5 launched some time in the next three years and the initial "Artists" impressions were very much like those shown above.

So we'd have a, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A8...what no A7?

[ QUOTE ]
Yep I read recently that there will be a new A5 launched some time in the next three years and the initial "Artists" impressions were very much like those shown above.

So we'd have a, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A8...what no A7?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, an A7 would be a direct alternative to the 6 series. The A5 being the competitor to the 4 series ( 3 series coupe )