New B8/8.5 S4, little help please!

Soooo, I got the dealer to knock another couple of grand off the price and bought the S4. It arrived yesterday and is LOVELY!! Been on trains the last couple of days do haven't actually given it a run yet, but delighted to be in the club and looking forward to when mod-itis kicks in!

Reactions: MattS5
However what you probably don't know that it is relatively easy to retrofit ADS. The 'lite' version can be done via VCDS and has some limitations. However I have read a report of someone who retrofitted the dash button and got full ADS. It wasn't too expensive either.

Hi there

So I bought the S4. It was the best priced, lowest mileage, newest approved used S4 available by a mile, and I couldn't resist that engine! I am now however intrigued by the idea of adding drive select through VCDS or otherwise. How does that work? Is there a recommended network of locations with VCDS capability? Could anyone recommend a good one in or around Cardiff? And does this kind of mod make the manufacturers warranty invalid?

Cheers!

There's plenty of info available - do a search on "VCDS ADS".
Personally I advise getting your own VCDS cable. It means you can do your own mods and scan for faults.
Any mod risks warranty but the chances of any dealer noticing a retrofit (as opposed to aftermarket device) are minimal.

Reactions: juhunio