New B9 S4 Avant on the way

The car is now absolutely filthy having just driven 200 miles motorway and country roads in the rain.

This car has to work for a living so will be no garage queen.

Wow, these are really fast cars. I am running in but even on a little tickle it flyes.

A couple of questions (probably dumb) but it is a significant tec learning curve:

1. Does the car self-lock, am I being stupid here but touching the door sensor does not seem to do anything?
2. Can I get my Android Auto Maps/Nav on the main display, so far only the Audi Nav on there but the Android/Google on the centre display?
3. How long are you guys running in before giving it full beans?
4. Is the sound on Dynamic augmented through the speakers or is it all exhaust valves (lovely sound but I put it in comfort when on the motorway)

On wet country roads it is night and day compared to the BMW, so stable. The brakes are rock solid too.

I set the speed limit warning to 90MPH (normally not near there on the BMW), it may allegedly have lit up several times today.

Oh I have Continentals on mine.

I'm sure there will be lots more but my weeks of reading the manuals and forums (thanks all) seem to be serving well.

Reactions: Keef
1. Only if you paid for the advanced key.
2. Don't know...
3. Usually 1000 miles on my cars but I'm sure that it probably says in the handbook.
4. Not through the speakers but there's a system that uses the actual sound of the engine up the front of the windscreen to amplify it a bit I believe.

Out of curiosity, how's the suspension feel because it seems to be sitting extremely high, especially on the front!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jelhead
Thanks for the answers, makes a lot of sense.

The suspension feels fine (although I have ne reference) , I think the drive photo is where it is loaded up with the drive slope and the parking brake. I was very cautious being an inch away from my front room. It looked fine when parked (ride height front and back the same) but could be slightly high? Do they put blocks in the springs during transit, could they miss that during PDI?

Reactions: Daggerit
Parked up dirty now, ride height looks OK to me unless you guys think otherwise.

Wouldn't put anything past the dealers to get wrong though.
2a2b1aa2a71cd4d04d8824f9eedd4be5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I'm sure it will settle down, mine still looks a tad high after 500 mile.
They do come with blocks but should be re before PDI

Reactions: Daggerit
Thanks Keef, I think they do look a tad high but I think it would have been crashing over bumps if it still had blocks in.

Parked up dirty now, ride height looks OK to me unless you guys think otherwise.

Wouldn't put anything past the dealers to get wrong though.
2a2b1aa2a71cd4d04d8824f9eedd4be5.jpg

Looks better there for sure. Not far off the one I test drive I don't think!
b3aac68b8cfd486ddad6e3d3a391bf78.jpg

4281a1c5aab316346ebe5c0783da520b.jpg

Good stuff. Glad you finally got her in the end and are happy with her.

Good stuff. Glad you finally got her in the end and are happy with her.

Just been out for a 1hr fun drive, single lane country roads.These cars are fantastic. The combination of power and control is such fun with enough attitude to keep it interesting.

Reactions: Keef and Daggerit
Just been out for a 1hr fun drive, single lane country roads.These cars are fantastic. The combination of power and control is such fun with enough attitude to keep it interesting.

Great to hear, I can't wait to get mine!

OK. Finally here. Signed for uninspected.

Been out for a quick spin, first impressions are very nice, feels a lot lighter than my e46 330i.

Even on a little tickle it goes like stink.

They forgot to return my licence.

ff603413ae68f8a3bba2741113b3a6d7.jpg

This bad boy looks like matte Daytona with that light