New Battery Recommendations

Seaneyb

Reaction score
Hi guys,

went to jump in my car this morning and the battery is dead as it looked pretty shot when i gave the car a service at the weekend. I'm preempting that the battery has gone as its been fine all weekend until this morning.

What battery is best? ECP is saying i can use 096 or 110. Halfords are saying 096 only. What battery do you guys have fitted? I'm not at home to check to see what the car has already.

Fitted a new battery last month exide 80ah 700cca off ebay £66 delivered. Cannot fault it. 3.0tdi btw.

Can anyone confirm battery spec for a 2008 a4 3.0tdi cab.
Existing one looks loke its a 000 915 105 dh
size is 315x175x190 80ah 640cca
Can't seem to find a replacement at a decent price, many sites are showing a 353mm long equivilent which I don't think will fit.

Wow, getting it out looks well tricky.
I've taken top plastic tray and surrounding cover off.
Then some rubber conduit cable thingy in front of the battery.
But the torx retainer is under what looks like a large steel strut brace, looks like a bitch to get to?

There's an Allen head bolt on the Battery Clamp.

Completely unscrew that and then pull the clamp to the side by the handle.

Pull the rubber covered cabling up and away then towards you and the battery easily enough comes out.

It's just heavy and a slightly awkward lift because of the weight

Unsure the 3.0 requirement is the same as the 2.0 TDI, but I've no complaints over my Bosch S4 008 680A Battery
The previous one I put into it in 2014 was a Varta of the exact same size/spec/even plastic molding was also great. But the Bosch was cheaper this time. Both recommended

Amazon product

4 Year Warranty

£90 Delivered is a bargain