New battery?

Dazmo

Reaction score
Anyone know much about batteries, because i certainly don't.

I am looking at replacing my standard Audi battery with something better as its showing as low and its about 6 years old now.

I want something more reliable and more powerful if possible, anyone know what i need or where i can buy it from?

The battery i currently have is a 12v, 380A, 80AH DIN, 640A EN/SAE

Dimensions are 393x175x190mm

Anyone know much about batteries, because i certainly don't.

I am looking at replacing my standard Audi battery with something better as its showing as low and its about 6 years old now.

I want something more reliable and more powerful if possible, anyone know what i need or where i can buy it from?

The battery i currently have is a 12v, 380A, 80AH DIN, 640A EN/SAE

Dimensions are 393x175x190mm

Been looking at a new battery for my 2.0TFSi and was thinking of a Bosch S5013 from Costco @ £95.98 incl VAT with 5yr warranty.
This is 12V 830CCA & 100Ahr. Measurements are approx 335 x 170 x 190.
On the diesel car is the battery in the front in the scuttle as the petrol or is it in the boot. Just wondering if it will fit in the normal place up front.

Battery's in the scuttle as normal. Use a battery finder website to get the right model for your car. Like Solaris said, Varta Silver is a very good pick.

Varta Ultra Silver Dynamic, great batteries got on both cars :)

Battery's in the scuttle as normal. Use a battery finder website to get the right model for your car. Like Solaris said, Varta Silver is a very good pick.[/QUOTE
Thanks for confirming position, was checking as when I replace my battery I always like to fit the largest capacity available (hence bigger in size) so that there is plenty of power in reserve. I was told that manufacturers specify the smallest that they can get away with for cost reasons. Out of interest what capacity and physical size battery do you have fitted.