New brakes recommendations

Rastamouse

Welsh Audi Nut
Reaction score
Guys gona need some new discs and pads soon,anyone got any recommendations of decent ones to buy,and price.
Preferably ones that will perform better than the OEM ones I got now .
Car is a 2.0 tdi by the way.
Thanks
G

I'm running the mtec aswell. Even with brembo's I find them a very good disc for the money. Some people say otherwise but I can't fault them :)

+5 - I use to have them aswell in My B5 all around! I was really happy for more than 10k miles ! Now i need rear disk for my quattro tdi and i think to take again Mintex!

How much did u guys pay for em? Which ones did u get? Theres silver and black editions??!

Another mtec thumbs up from me here.

Didn't bother with the black edition.

Make sure you get the right size - think there's a few options.

For standard size, they'd be my choice time and time again. Might look in to Porsche ones next time though.

Looks like mtec is the way to go then! Anyone know what size discs i need, its a 140 bhp 2.0tdi saloon.also which discs did u get(drilled, grooved , both etc)
What pads would go best with theese discs?
Thanks guys

Looks like mtec is the way to go then! Anyone know what size discs i need, its a 140 bhp 2.0tdi saloon.also which discs did u get(drilled, grooved , both etc)
What pads would go best with theese discs?
Thanks guys

I wish I had bought the black ones as the silver ones corrode in the centres and start to look abit grubby very quickly. I'm gonna have to set a Saturday aside to paint them as it doesn't look very nice. But I'm just being anal tbh.

m tec & greenstuff im running love it

I wish I had bought the black ones as the silver ones corrode in the centres and start to look abit grubby very quickly. I'm gonna have to set a Saturday aside to paint them as it doesn't look very nice. But I'm just being anal tbh.

Looking , theres also a gold edition available which looks quite cool

Looking , theres also a gold edition available which looks quite cool

yeah a seen the gold edition when i needed new rears but got black because a wanted them to match

Pads ordered went for green stuff ones, need to order discs,going for the gold edition ones i think,not sure what size my discs are tho. Iveseen some 280mm , 288mm and 312mm ones,
Dont think they are 312mm so it must be one of the other two, can anyone help?.?

I've just done a Brembo setup all round (as some will know) with AP600 fluid. Both braking and ride substantially improved.

Look at the build sticker in the boot or service book. Then you the code reader and it will tell you the size of your discs

Option code 1LB is 288mm x 25mm so this is the one im after according to the cide in the boot anyways. Goin to get em orderd now!!

Discs and pads now ordered,went for mtec gold edition discs drilled and grooved and ebc green stuff pads.
Should hopefully have a bit better brakes once fitted

We'll these bad boys turned up the other day.
Fitting tomorrow,weather permitting.
Should have a bit better stopping power after!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1398369738775812

Reactions: TOM.S and jdp1962
Will do, fitted em yesterday,still bedding em im, so far im impressed. Will post pics up in a bit

Here another pic, and a couple of how she looks(while its clean-ish)ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398521650062892ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398521668873926ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398521711795599

Reactions: Big Al
can anybody confirm the size of the brake discs front and back for my
sline Avant 2.0tdi 2007 (b7)
or do you think to be safe i should take off the wheels and measure (if only it would stop raining )

thanks in advance guys

can anybody confirm the size of the brake discs front and back for my
sline Avant 2.0tdi 2007 (b7)
or do you think to be safe i should take off the wheels and measure (if only it would stop raining )

thanks in advance guys

Scroll back up to my post 19 in this thread, clink on the link to MTEC's website than browse til you find the set for your car. It'll give all the sizes.

Have a look in the spare wheel well of youre car it should have a sticker with all the option codes there , if theres on code that is 1LB then your front discs will be 288mm x 25mm, jor just look it up in your manual or googke the code,thats what i did

found the codes but what sizes are they
#
FRONT 1LB
REAR 1KD

I THINK FRONT 1LB = 288
BUT 1KD= ???

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM ??

found the codes but what sizes are they
#
FRONT 1LB
REAR 1KD

I THINK FRONT 1LB = 288
BUT 1KD= ???

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM ??

NOZ, have you tried browsing the MTEC site to find the right set for your car?

Yup but there. Are 3 different. Sizes. That's why I thought. The codes would be definitely the way to go

1LB is the same cide as mine , size is 288mm x 25mm.
Rears from what i could find are 255mm.

Reactions: NOZ