New car and decisions......

Cazbrak

Reaction score
Hey guys!...so this is my new car. 2.0 tfsi b7 a4 avant quattro special edition. I posted in the welcome section a while back and have been ridiculously busy ever since!

Getting the wheels refurbed in a couple of weeks so wanted some opinions on colours?

Need a tiny piece of rust sorted on the drivers door aswell and then the fun will begin.

Let me know what you guys think!!
Cheers, Ben

Attachments

• 20171001_133018_resized_1.jpg
    20171001_133018_resized_1.jpg
    844.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 20171001_133029_resized_1.jpg
    20171001_133029_resized_1.jpg
    743.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 20171001_133115_resized_1.jpg
    20171001_133115_resized_1.jpg
    823 KB · Views: 145
Reactions: Charlie Farley
So welcome again Ben this time to the B7 club , and what a brilliant one it is too, well the whole Audi-sport site is most excellent.
So firstly , wheels , my personal fav subject...lol
I'd say play safe with the colour of car and stay with the current colour scheme or very close, well having been through a whole raft of color wheels myself , that's my suggestion but it your choice chap.
maybe have trawl throught the B7 section and see what others have done on the alloy front, that way you get a better idea on what looks good, bad or just wrong...
Good luck Ben

rob

Reactions: Cazbrak
Thanks Rob!

I must admit I was thinking either the same colour or maybe slightly more gunmetal look...still undecided as of yet.

Looking to get light smoke tints all round after the body work has been sorted, then potential exhaust system and aftermarket air filter ready for a re map.
Cheers for looking guys

Hi, I've got a very similar car in the same colour.
I'm getting my wheels done in the same style silver as they were originally.

I plan to tart up the brake calipers because especially the rear ones are caked in rust, so did a trial run with silver and its looks nasty so if you are doing anything with yours I'd be interested to see what it looks like!

Good luck with the car!

The problem with painting calipers is that they can look naff if not done properly , some calipers that are a smooth metal finish look much better painted than textured metal , not sure why maybe the finish just looks better on smooth metal, also to get a prof finish you need to prep them well and not just paint everything in sight the same colour.
just doing the main body in a colour then cleaning and refitting all the clips springs and cover makes a massive difference , the end result if much more prof.
I'm a big fan of dark red, not bright red , the two are very different when used on calipers and the finish can be very different, blacks a good one too, or graphite/grey etc....well what ever takes your fancy really, your car so your choice.

cheers
rob

here is a good example .
brembo's with a smooth metal caliper body in dark red and then the OEM textured metal caliper in the same colour......
I know which I prefer.
Mt1
Rt1

I'm thinking black for the calipers.... probably staying original colour on the wheels as I want to keep it as oem as I can. Most likely get the calipers done the same time as the wheels. It's usually something I would do myself but I start my train driver training soon so will be very limited on time for the first 3 or 4 months.
Thanks for the replys gents....will most likely have to move this post to the projects section soon :redface new:

Hi Ben, slightly off topic but what TOC do you work for?
Im currently doing my training as a trainee driver, and if im honest you might want to save yourself some little jobs to help clear your mind at weekends!

Reactions: Cazbrak
Hi max the toc is south western railway...used to be south west trains untill August this year. I'm currently a guard for them so more of a promotion than a change in career really... how about you??

I work for southeastern, i was also a guard a few years ago, then became a shunter driver, and now im currently doing my driver training to become a mainline driver.

Reactions: ApOsTle
The problem with painting calipers is that they can look naff if not done properly , some calipers that are a smooth metal finish look much better painted than textured metal , not sure why maybe the finish just looks better on smooth metal, also to get a prof finish you need to prep them well and not just paint everything in sight the same colour.
just doing the main body in a colour then cleaning and refitting all the clips springs and cover makes a massive difference , the end result if much more prof.
I'm a big fan of dark red, not bright red , the two are very different when used on calipers and the finish can be very different, blacks a good one too, or graphite/grey etc....well what ever takes your fancy really, your car so your choice.

cheers
rob

I know what you mean, its better to take the time to prep them to get a decent finish in the end.
Here's a caliper from my old B6 that I overhauled, thought it looked pretty good when it went back on.
If I get time to do the same on this car I'll take them off and get them stripped right back, then paint them. Have a choice of red, yellow, silver and black in my shed...

20140611 210558 zps7e652b48

20140620 170138 zpsfd60d117

20140621 154333 zpsca55a9d9
20140704 200331 1 zps526817b2

Reactions: Cazbrak, carlcall and DieselJake
agreed carl, but as I found out from day two of my audi ownership, budgets and B7's well any audi really don't go together that well..lol