New car delivery times?

Millduu

Reaction score
Hi all,ordered a new Spportback s-line on the 29th of August and the dealer said it should be here in 5-6 wks as their coming through pretty quick.It's now been nearly 6 wks with no phone call or anything,I'm going to ring them on monday but just wondered if this is the norm as I've never ordered a brand new car before.I was told that I would be notified 3-4 wks before the actual delivery day-if this is the case then I'm looking at 10 wks possibly.Any comments.:uhm:

Had a test drive in a new 2.0TDI 170 last Saturday and when I asked about current delivery times I was quoted 6-8 weeks on most models.

Check with your dealer. They should be able to tell you the planned build week. This is allocated by the Audi factory when an order is accepted.

Ordered mine early September and was quoted 8/9 weeks. Was given update a week ago to confirm on schedule.

when i ordered mine in 2004 it took 8 weeks (shy by one day!)

thanks for the responces.i find them a bit cheeky really before you order it's 5-6 wks,once they've got your deposit it changes by the week.I'll find out monday and keep you informed.

I was quoted a couple of months on mine. Is the car being built to order or are they just waiting for a generic model to come into stock? If the former then the dealer should be able to get the build slot info from the factory in Germany which will tell you exactly when the car is scheduled to be built. The dealer can then work out how long after that it'll be with you.

Spoke to the dealer today,they said the car should have gone to be built last week,so I should get it within 2 wks.The sales lass was going to ring me back and lmk as I ordered it through Leeds Audi but they own other dealerships so it was ordered through their Harrogate branch to fill up their quota.Waiting for the phone call,so fingers crossed I should get it in the next 2 wks.It's all just a bit vague though.
Yes it was a factory ordered car.

Ordered 14-Jul (lots of extras) delivered to dealer 11-Sep (8Wks) - Dealer said that was quick. And yes I had to call as the dealers are lazy and won't keep tabs on the progress unless you keep tabs on them.

It's annoying that once a dealer has your deposit they move onto the next customer and forget about the ones still waiting for information about their new car! I had a nightmare getting a response from my dealer for my recent A3 order. Placed the order, paid the deposit and took a further 2 weeks and about 5 phone calls to manage to get them to fax me a confirmation!! Est. Del date of 30th Nov - but I'm not holding out any great hope of that... :(

hmm, i think it was Friday 6th October.

30th Nov isn't a confirmed delivery date, only the initial estimate from the dealer.. I get the impression dealers always say "about 8 weeks delivery time, isn't that quick!?"

We'll see!!!

Placed my order this weekend, and was told the delivery date would be "mid/late December". This was actually on a document that the dealer gets from Audi HQ, so is probably about as accurate as they can get. So, thats basically an 8 week wait.

Placed my order (Sportback SE 2.0TDi 170) on 23rd September and dealer told me that officially he had to say delivery time was 8-12 weeks... but that they typically arrived in 6-8 weeks.

Confirmation papers arrived within 10days, and I got an update from the dealer 2weeks ago to say that my build week is planned for this week (w/c Oct23) and so car should be here early Nov. He's due to call again tomorrow to confirm.

So, 6weeks total.

nichburton said:
Placed my order (Sportback SE 2.0TDi 170) on 23rd September and dealer told me that officially he had to say delivery time was 8-12 weeks... but that they typically arrived in 6-8 weeks.

Confirmation papers arrived within 10days, and I got an update from the dealer 2weeks ago to say that my build week is planned for this week (w/c Oct23) and so car should be here early Nov. He's due to call again tomorrow to confirm.

So, 6weeks total.

Nice to see some people actually do get update calls from their dealer!:eyebrows:

Mine was 1st September and they said October delivery, but when I've called them (never had any further contact without a prompt from me first) they now say early November :(

I am amazed as how smooth things go for most of you people in UK.

I for one had nightmares, ordered back on MAY 15th, was told the exact same thing 6-8 weeks. Heard nothing at all in regards to the car into 6th week after order. So got in contact with dealer, no info from him.
7,8,9,10 weeks past and endless calls from my part = no info whatsoever, just delays from dealer...

I believe it was in week 17 (and about 123212 calls) where i finally got word from my dealer that the car would be built next week. Amazingly the next week car actually got built and it still took Audi 2 weeks to bring my car to Austria.

Anyhow my wait (till car was in Austria) from order date was a week short of 5 months.

I will never deal with that dealership again and have my own thoughts regarding Audi.

ps - i still haven't been able to pick up car, it's been sitting in the dealership for a week now. So maybe when i actually get to pick it up and drive it, i will be able to say "it was worth the wait!" - untill then :banghead: .

OMG Dynasty_X, It's unbelievable that a delivery should take that long!! And that you also have to pick up the car from the dealer - they should deliver it to your door free of charge after that wait!!!

Anyway, hopefully you will find the wait worthwhile once you're behind the wheel!

__DyNaSTY_X_ said:
Anyhow my wait (till car was in Austria) from order date was a week short of 5 months.

I will never deal with that dealership again and have my own thoughts regarding Audi.

ps - i still haven't been able to pick up car, it's been sitting in the dealership for a week now. So maybe when i actually get to pick it up and drive it, i will be able to say "it was worth the wait!" - untill then :banghead: .

Makes me wonder if the dealer actually forgot to put the order through or got it wrong and had to start again... can't see Audi taking that long??

Sorry you've had such a long wait, hopefully it will be worth it :racer:

A little update for you all,got a call last tuesday saying the car would be here ina week or so,they rung today to say the car would be at the dealer tomorrow and available to pick up after thursday.Thats just over 8 wks from inital order,a good responce nr the end but its that 6 wks of no calls that just p****s you off.Anyway in 2 minds wether to wait till the first of the month now as I'll loose a months tax.
Will post some pics as soon as the car arrives.

After waiting for 8 weeks i'm not sure if i'd be able to be as logical as to wait until the end of the month to ensure i got the best out of my car tax!! I'd simply be too excited!!! :yahoo:

Hope final week all goes smoothly, post some piccies when you finally pick her up!

Just couldn't wait,picking it up on sunday,called at the dealers tonight for a quick look and now just counting the hours.

couldnt fault the dealer I purchased my car from.

I got a confirmed build week sent to me in the post within 3 days of ordering the car and was kept updated regularly. The dealer even registered the car with my initials without being asked .

Shame the aftersales service isnt quite as good

Ended up not getting the car on sunday but picked it up tonight.Got to say it was worth the wait.The zenon lights do exactly what they should,the ride is firm but not over aggresive,the power and torque fels strong and after only doing 50 miles or so you can feel it loosening up.Overall very very pleased,only downer is when checking over the handbooks when I got home the dealer hasn't stamped the service book up with the dealer stamp in the front of the book or even the pdi inspection,but I'll contact them tomorrow.
Will post some pics before the weekend.
Final spec was:
A3 2.0t FSI Sportback Special edition
Misano Red Paint
Privcy glass
Xenon Lights/headlight wash
No smoking pack
Interior Light Pack
Light and rain sensors
Acoustic rear parking
Electric lumber support
Heated front seats
Front centre armrest
Bose
Symphony 2-might be 3 will check if it plays mp3's
Folding door mirrors
Multi function steering wheel
Alloy Roof rails

to be added bluetooth and rnse sat nav.
:p :p :p

Symphony 2 or 3 identification is easy, the 3 has the bigger, multiline display and no cassette player. I'd doubt yours is a 3 tbh as I think they've only just started using them in the A3.

Update on my Sportback Tdi 170. Dealer called today with new reg plate, car will be ready for pick-up on Tuesday. That's 6 weeks, 3 days since placing the deposit.

But I can't collect until Friday due to work. :sob:

I've just had a build date for 3rd week in Novemeber... Presuming this is the 1st week, end of 3rd week is 17th. Allowing 2 weeks for delivery from this point should give me car in first week of Dec... Is this a reasonable assumption? What are others experiences?

They tell me its 10 months for a new TT

10 months on the new TT... damn.

Doubt i'd be able to wait so long for a car. That coming from someone had to wait 5 months for an A3.