New Car Detail - Alpine White MY20 G01 BMW X3 xDrive 20d M Sport

Bristle Hound

Staff member
Reaction score
My last three new cars I have asked the Dealer not to do any prep what so ever
However I didn't fancy the whole new car prep thing this time & just let the Dealer prep the car, which in all honestly, had me holding my breath a little

I had a few issues on collection with the cleanliness of the X3 on collection but nothing major and the supplying Dealer sorted me out with over £200 worth of freebies so happy enough for a bit of dirt lol

The main thing is the cars paintwork was fine. No scratches or swirls that I could see, even under the strong LED lights in my garage
After the pre-washing/shampoo the paint was squeeky clean so didn't require a full decontamination IMHO

As usual no 'in progress' photos
Didn't get to my usual photo shoot location as I didn't have time, so that will have to wait

Detail as done -

Strong pre-wash with ValetPro Citrus Pre-Wash
Snow foamed with CarChem's SF
2 bucket wash with MF Madness Incredimitt & a strong mix of G3 Detox shampoo
Lower 1/2 of bodywork decontaminated with CP Iron-X (which turned out to be unnecessary)
Bodywork prep'ed with Bilt Hamber Cleanser Fluid
2 x coats of Gyeon Q2 Cure applied with short MF & buffed off with a plush MF
Door & boot shuts treated with Gyeon Q2 Cure
2 x coats of Planet Polish Wheel Seal & Shine applied to the wheels
Tyres dressed with Meguairs Endurance Tyre Gel
Exhaust tips cleaned and sealed with Britemax Final Shine sealent
Under bonnet cleaned with APC
Interior surfaces cleaned with Sonax Xtreme Interior Cleaner
Interior glass cleaned with CP Eraser
Exterior glass cleaned with Rain-X Glass Cleaner & Rain Repellent (Got some Dodo Juice Supernatural Glass Sealant left so will apply that when it gets a bit warmer)

(Leather interior to be cleaned / sealed with Colourlock Cleaner & Leather Shield later on this week - pic's to follow)

A few pic's -

Wz0GQI2l.jpg

udA7wK1l.jpg

QGVRqI7l.jpg

28QdUDbl.jpg

YQMRRAal.jpg

G4RVW3ll.jpg

xW7437Jl.jpg

E4EuQb3l.jpg

I'm really pleased with how it looks, having not used Cure for some time. The pic's don't do the finish justice TBH

Thanks for looking :thumbs up:

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/bhs-alpine-white-my20-g01-bmw-x3-xdrive-20d-m-sport.404731/

Reactions: scotty76, josul, SPIKE_ and 6 others
However I didn't fancy the whole new car prep thing this time & just let the Dealer prep the car, which in all honestly, had me holding my breath a little

I had a few issues on collection with the cleanliness of the X3 on collection but nothing major and the supplying Dealer sorted me out with over £200 worth of freebies so happy enough for a bit of dirt lol

The main thing is the cars paintwork was fine. No scratches or swirls that I could see, even under the strong LED lights in my garage
After the pre-washing/shampoo the paint was squeeky clean so didn't require a full decontamination IMHO

Didn't get to my usual photo shoot location as I didn't have time, so that will have to wait

Detail as done -

Lower 1/2 of bodywork decontaminated with CP Iron-X (which turned out to be unnecessary)

2 x coats of Gyeon Q2 Pure applied with short MF & buffed off with a plush MF
Door & boot shuts treated with Gyeon Q2 Pure
Exterior glass cleaned with Rain-X Glass Cleaner & Rain Repellent (Got some Dodo Juice Supernatural Glass Sealant left so will apply that when it gets a bit warmer)

(Leather interior to be cleaned / sealed with Colourlock Cleaner & Leather Shield later on this week - pic's to follow)

A few pic's -

Wz0GQI2l.jpg

udA7wK1l.jpg

QGVRqI7l.jpg

28QdUDbl.jpg

YQMRRAal.jpg

G4RVW3ll.jpg

xW7437Jl.jpg

E4EuQb3l.jpg

I'm really pleased with how it looks, having not used Cure for some time. The pic's don't do the finish justice TBH

Looks mint! Got an x3 in the unit tomorrow for the same job.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound

Detail as done -

A few pic's -

Wz0GQI2l.jpg

udA7wK1l.jpg

QGVRqI7l.jpg

28QdUDbl.jpg

YQMRRAal.jpg

G4RVW3ll.jpg

xW7437Jl.jpg

E4EuQb3l.jpg

Cracking job as always BH. X3 looking stunning mate

Detail as done -

A few pic's -

Wz0GQI2l.jpg

udA7wK1l.jpg

QGVRqI7l.jpg

28QdUDbl.jpg

YQMRRAal.jpg

G4RVW3ll.jpg

xW7437Jl.jpg

E4EuQb3l.jpg

Can't see any of the pictures!

But knowing you it will look superb anyway.

Upload 2019 12 8 17 38 10

Likey, likey.

Col, looking awesome, but when you say Gyeon Pure, do you mean Cure? As you said 2 coats of Pure (ceramic) but then stated you hadn’t used Cure for awhile.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Bristle Hound
Col, looking awesome, but when you say Gyeon Pure, do you mean Cure? As you said 2 coats of Pure (ceramic) but then stated you hadn’t used Cure for awhile.
@X3man - Thanks Nev :thumbs up:
censored.gif
! Thing is I'd put 'Cure' at the bottom of the post. I was obviously thinking about myself with the Pure ;) lol
Thanks for the heads up - post editted

Reactions: NevMan
Congrats on the new X3 and great work on getting it super shiny. Have you have plans to seal the wheels?

Looks amazing :respekt:
@Moon - Cheers buddy :thumbs up:
Congrats on the new X3 and great work on getting it super shiny. Have you have plans to seal the wheels?
@SPIKE_S3 - Thanks :thumbs up:
Gave up doing the whole wheel off ceramic coating a while ago
Now I'm happy to just use PP WS&S & my wheel woolies to keep (or try to lol) on top of my wheels

Reactions: SPIKE_
Lovely and glossy. I would have liked another white one this time but got the dreaded black. . White is my favourite colour to look after. I'm trying to give mine it's first wash. I'm about to use korrosol on the bottom half for the first time if it stops raining. . Paintwork feels a bit rough around the bottom and I'd rather not clay it. I'll be using the planet polish on the wheels if I can find it in my garage

Nice looking "Screw"mobile mate lol tyres and wheels looking good but white paint *** lol

Lovely and glossy. I would have liked another white one this time but got the dreaded black. . White is my favourite colour to look after. I'm trying to give mine it's first wash. I'm about to use korrosol on the bottom half for the first time if it stops raining. . Paintwork feels a bit rough around the bottom and I'd rather not clay it. I'll be using the planet polish on the wheels if I can find it in my garage
@SaraS3 - Thanks
Love white TBH. I had a ibis white B8 A4 from new for 5 1/2 years & found it so easy to look after
Nice looking "Screw"mobile mate lol tyres and wheels looking good but white paint *** lol
@jassyo06 - Screw mobile ?
I’ve just accepted that we will never agree on anything buddy lol
Oh & thanks, I think & Merry Christmas ! ;):D

@SaraS3 - Thanks
Love white TBH. I had a ibis white B8 A4 from new for 5 1/2 years & found it so easy to look after

Clearly never seen how good freshly detailed white cars look. I was never a fan until I did a golf and a Q3 recently. Looked superb.

Reactions: BarryG79, NevMan and Bristle Hound
Clearly never seen how good freshly detailed white cars look. I was never a fan until I did a golf and a Q3 recently. Looked superb.

@RS03_SEN - Agreed & thanks :thumbs up:

Reactions: NevMan
Nice job & thanks for sharing the products you used.
May I ask how many hours it took you?
Cheers, Paul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Detail as done -

2 x coats of Gyeon Q2 Cure applied with short MF & buffed off with a plush MF
Door & boot shuts treated with Gyeon Q2 Cure

A few pic's -

Wz0GQI2l.jpg

udA7wK1l.jpg

QGVRqI7l.jpg

28QdUDbl.jpg

YQMRRAal.jpg

G4RVW3ll.jpg

xW7437Jl.jpg

E4EuQb3l.jpg

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/bhs-alpine-white-my20-g01-bmw-x3-xdrive-20d-m-sport.404731/

lovely looking motor and great job on the detail. If you are feeling bored I have a couple of cars you can come round and do :thumbs up:
Good to see real world results of the products you used. Sometimes it’s difficult picking the right product based on reviews as everyone’s expectations are difficult.
Keep us posted on the longevity of those products used.

Reactions: NevMan and Bristle Hound
Nice job & thanks for sharing the products you used.
May I ask how many hours it took you?
Cheers, Paul
@vigor - Thanks Paul :thumbs up:
The Detail, in total, too me around 6 1/2 hours
lovely looking motor and great job on the detail. If you are feeling bored I have a couple of cars you can come round and do :thumbs up:
Good to see real world results of the products you used. Sometimes it’s difficult picking the right product based on reviews as everyone’s expectations are difficult.
Keep us posted on the longevity of those products used.
@AlS3BE - Cheers :thumbs up:
& nice try lol
Will do :thumbs up:

Reactions: NevMan and AlS3BE
@SaraS3 - Thanks

Screws=4 x 2s,The Filth,coppers,The Sweeney....etc White BMW X3s/X5s are frequently driven by the Police...lol